New designed a motor mount for sale, looking for review

@SqueekyCBJ I’m guessing your using a 15 teeth pulley. I got a 12 teeth so didn’t face this issue. The bolts for the motor are your problem as Tampaesk8er has said you may need flat heads Or you will have to put washers/spacers between the idlers and the mount to push them out. But then you would need to make sure it ligns up with the wheel pulley, possibly moving your whole mount a little inwards.

@Tampaesk8er I switched mine to normal bearings as you advised it works well and they spin more freely. Also I added a few extra washers/speed rings before my wheel to get the alignment.

Have a look at the pics, the cover is on too. Went for a test ride and so far it’s good. Will have to wait and see how it holds up. If everything holds up then I will go for my upgrades to dual motors, a Li-ion battery pack and use these mounts. Still yet to decide if I will use the idlers or just go wider belts? IMG_20181006_201915 IMG_20181006_201814

What size belts are used for the longer mounts with 40t/16t setup?

https://www.bbman.com/belt-length-calculator/ bookmark it, very useful.

2 Likes

Anybody got the STL for these pulley protectors? @UKRider?

Thanks in advance

They are sold by @dickyho he has said previously that he does not wish to release the file

3 Likes

Hi, I’m new… just viewed your ebay link… What is Paris Truck and Caliper Truck? I’m estimating my build… so far, 12201 - MBS MATRIX II TRUCK SYSTEM with Janus 6374 190kv motors… Will this mount fit?

These mounts only work with the brand paris trucks and caliber trucks. Don’t think it will work with mbs matrix

1 Like

yeah, mbs has a totally different form and dimensions.

1 Like

Ok guys so 2 days of testing the mounts with idlers and so far I’m not having any belt slippage the loctite is holding idlers in place. But I’ve noticed that my batteries don’t last as long?

Probably due to the extra friction caused by the idlers. Also my acceleration is slower but once I get going it’s fine

Sounds like it might be a little too tight?

Should have more Not less Torque since you have better Transfer of Power but too tight could be a cause. The belt should still have a Bit of flex.

Having good results with this (Caliber) mount so far. I’m running the mount in reverse orientation with a single TB 6374 motor, 40T 15mm DH wheel pulley / 15T 15mm DH motor pulley, and 300mm 5M-15 belt. The mount holds everything together solidly. Blasting up hills in SF has not caused the mount to shift at all (compared with my previous mounts which were from Torqueboards and HobbyKing). The mount does seem very light and the aluminum appears soft (it scratches easily). I’m a little paranoid about it snapping on me. It does a good job of transferring heat from the motor.

@dickyho : how much torque do you recommend we apply to the main clamping cap screw? I have a torque wrench that does in-lbs/nm.

This is what I am going to be running, just haven’t had time to completely assemble it yet. Good to know I chose the right parts!

So do you have the longer version? As you have reverse mounted it, what size wheels?

I agree it seems soft and can scratch or dent easily but it’s holding and the heat transfer from motor to mount is amazing like a super heat sink.

I think bumpy ground is where mounts can often come loose. Is San Francisco bumpy too?not just hilly? Do you have any slippage with the 15mm wide belts? Idlers or none?

I did notice more torque @Benjamin899 but as you say I think my belt is tight, I will leave it a while to see if it loosens itself a little after some miles. Still not sure if I should forget about idlers and go for 15mm belts.

I have the standard version (78mm center-to-center distance) with 97mm Abec Reflys.

I agree…it transfers heat from the motor really well.

SF streets are very bumpy. I have no belt slip at all running without idlers, although I think it’s due in part to running a 15T motor pulley (I was getting belt slip under extreme braking when I was running a 14T motor pulley).

that is my main reason why i wouldnt want to buy a carbon mount.

Now that’s what I call a tight fit. Probably less than 1mm between motors, and between the mounts and my printed wheel pulleys. received_649626115419682

8 Likes

Looks like you have room for wider belts

Nope no space between idlers and the wheels15391327549387470056280630065544

1 Like

Ohhhh… Can you space wheel out a hair with a speed washer or two.

*edit ohhhx2 Lol. Now i see… Maybe add an extra bearing on the idler?