New designed a motor mount for sale, looking for review

I’m satisfied with how tight it is right now, don’t want to waste time and effort trying to fit 15 width belts. There aren’t a lot of space left on the shaft.

1 Like

@Winfly what trucks are those? Those 6364s fit perfectly! Did u need to drill your truck so the grub screws go into your truck?

I’m currently using the idlers but I’m in 2 minds about staying on 11mm belts with idler or going 15mm without idlers.

i think those are the 194mm version of the paris v2

Those are the Paris clone dickyho also sell. The aluminum on the hanger is kinda soft so a good torque will dig the grub screw in. Not sure if that’s a good thing.

1 Like

How many miles have you put on them mounts? Still holding?

i literally just put them together yesterday. :joy: my old pair snapped at the motor mount part cus I could only fit 2 mounting screws my old sk3 5055 on the same side. that was 100% my fault so I say these mounts are still to be tested.

1 Like

Message_1539205909454

10 Likes

Anyone else having trouble with misaligned motor mount slots? I can only get 3 of the 4 mounting screws in place. The upper slot is also misaligned. Tested fitted a larger motor and still could only get 3 of the 4 screws in place.

What should I do? Can I try elongating the hole on a drill press or something?

Pic: 20181008_191630

1 Like

I have about 100 miles on mine and no issues, (2) 6374 Turnigy sk3.image

2 Likes

I ended up rotating the motor until I found a position where the holes ligned-up in staggered position. IMG_0016

1 Like

i dont have problems, but i have a 63mm motor. you can widen the slot a bit yourself or maybe loosen the screws first, so the motor has a litlle bit of wiggle, then insert the last screw and start tightening the screws.

Ordered a single unit. @dickyho can I order the mirrored unit at a later date on its own? I didn’t see an option for it on the site, but from what I’ve read above it looks like if someone orders 2 at a time you automatically include it. If I wanted just the mirrored unit on my single unit order, could I just sent a message to get that done?

Thanks!

It’s really to tell by my crappy photo, but there is no way in heck I can even get a screw into that third hole. It’s offset pretty far. May try widening the slot on my drill press.

This mount is for my 40 lb son on a very under powered board, so I’m not too concerned about it. Was just curious to know if anyone else had this problem.

Rotate the motor.

See the below photo from @dickyho as shown on the first post on the thread: IMG_20180406_151902

See if that works.

2 Likes

Pretty sure the screws are supposed to be staggered as Andy has shown in that photo. I haven’t really seen anyone line the screws up on these mounts

he has 50mm motors, they shouldn’t be staggered, but rotating could help, who knows.

2 Likes

Correct, it’s a tiny 50mm motor for my son. It doesn’t have any pre-drilled holes for the larger motor mount pattern. I’ll try rotating anyway, although I’m confident it won’t make a difference.

Also, I tried a larger 63mm motor (rotated as shown in the pic above) and the upper slot (above the one shown in the pic) still did not line up. This mount appears to be milled incorrectly.

well congrats you are the first one^^

Not sure if I earned a true congrats :frowning: I bought two mounts from @dickyho. The other one for my board is flawless and the bolt holes for the 50mm / 63mm motor line up perfectly. This design checks all the boxes.

Other than this one issue, I’m really happy with it. Next step is a few hundred miles of torture testing.

Have you put the two mounts back to back to see how they compare? This way you will be able to see if one is different to the other. If one is milled incorrectly I am pretty sure @dickyho will send you another mount. He has always been more than helpful in the past when stuff like this happens