New designed a motor mount for sale, looking for review

Dremel maybe

1 Like

Gonna have to see if I can dig my dremel out of whatever hole its hiding in

I only had to file down the square corners of the truck and it took me a minute per side with the cheapest file I could find, if youā€™re careful and mark it out youā€™ll probably do a much better job than I did but it definitely works!

Not anodized, unfortunately. Dickyho said he could paint them black for me. We will see how well the black paint holds up.

Yeah, the pulley covers do extend past the mount. Here is a better picture: 20181004_053525

1 Like

Hoping he releases the files so I can modify them a bit, at the current state I wouldnā€™t want to put the boardā€™s weight on those two screws.

He has a longer version i believe

Correct, but they have the same problem of not enough material extending beyond the motor to protect it.

i donā€™t think that is necessary, i like my mount light as possible but not carbon since they canā€™t absorb heat from the motor.

Ok peeps so I got my mount, idler bearings and belts yesterday. So hereā€™s my bit of feedback if it helps anyone out.

So Iā€™ve got 90mm flywheel clones with a 36 teeth 12mm wide wheel pulley, 11mm 290 belt and currently a 12 teeth motor pulley (soon to upgrade to a 15 teeth)

The mounts fit perfectly on the Caliber 2 trucks seems solid but havenā€™t put many miles on them. First test ride and my idler bearings have worked loose and I got a little belt slippageā€¦ So Iā€™ve just tightened up the nut for now. Anyone else experience this problem?

Due to having only a 12 mm wide wheel pulley I canā€™t move the bearings closer to make the belt tighter the wheel gets in the way. This is why dickyho recommends wider wheel pulleys. Hereā€™s a pic of what I mean. I guess if you have to have wider wheel pulleys then might aswell go for a wider belt setup without the idlers 15387630696487111196871434510937 15387631594132927660207074702922

Iā€™m having second thoughts about using idlers, also eventually I will have a dual motor setup.

2 Likes

Try some blue loctite with the idler screws.

Yeah I will do that once Iā€™m happy with a final position for them.

If anyone is considering buying dickyho mounts and want to use idlers I advise having a wide 15-17mm wheel pulley.

I also have 12mm belts, the solution, use regular skateboard bearings (2) in place of the ones that you are using that came with the mount. Im using the same mounts also.

@dickyho do you know when the long caliber mounts will be back? Iā€™ve got some short ones but the clearance is insufficient for me.

Forgot to mention, you can still use the same screws and the little washers that came with the idlers, just replace swap the bearings with the regular bearings.

Changing to normal bearings allow enough room to go behind the wheel? Is that what you mean?

yes. 10char.

15388414116853567772406285796329 What am I doing wrong here. The idlers do not allow the motor and pulley to be aligned.

I had similar problems with 50xx motors. 63xx motors have wider bolt pattern. Your motor pullys are forced out to clear bolts. Button head hardware will help. Might need to add spacers to idlersā€¦

3 Likes

canā€™t understand why he only use 4mm hole for the idlers. I would make 6mm. 4mm is definitely to lease. I drilled it to 6mm at the position I needed.

What aluminum do they use? I think itā€™s a very cheap one. Feels super soft and bendyā€¦

1 Like

change to flat or button head bolts so your motor pulley doesnt touch bolt heads.

1 Like