New designed a motor mount for sale, looking for review

Crap…I added the caliber mount to my ebay cart this morning and forgot to checkout. Gone.

@dollabillplz@SqueekyCBJ, @suntorytime yes, the caliber mount already out of stock, need another 6 days to have another lot…

2 Likes

Is it going to be the mirrowed Version?

no, that need later

i think i’m gonna throw my board out the window… this is with a 295mm belt with 16/36 gearing image waaaaaaaay too loose

2 Likes

So, what is the problem? the 290 belt is too tight, 295 is too loose. could you tell me more, let see what I can do?

Regards Dicky

the 290mm (actually 280mm) belt from you was as tight as a guitar string, you advised me to buy a 295mm belt, i did, and it is waaaaay to big. i might just add a diy idler so i can ride again… kinda disappointed

wait, I am checking right now

mmh, did you measure the second belt yourself? because my calculator says 285-293mm max without idler.

1 Like

just tested here, 295 belt work fine with 16/36 pulley.

QQ%E5%9B%BE%E7%89%872018083002181323

1 Like

can you count the teeth to see if that belt is really 295? it seems like 285mm would be perfect for 16/36

anyways i just added an idler to mine image

counted, it is 59T.

So, in my opinion, there’s 2 possibility.

1. you pulleys possibly not 16/36.
  2. when did you bought my mount ? the first version I made is for 285 belt. (I was selling those on Mar and earlt Apr) (I saw the mount you have is anodized to blue, that is a later version, so it is for 290 belt)

please check.

my pulleys are definitely 16/36. i bought the mount when the ebay listing was still the un anodized version but received the anodized blue version. no need to worry about me, you don’t need to do anything more :slight_smile: you’ve been very helpful and i’ve had plenty of good experiences with you that cancel out this one mediocre one

1 Like

Thanks for understand, hope you enjoy building a nice board!

4 Likes

https://www.bbman.com/belt-length-calculator/ Here’s the calculator to solve all problems. center to center distance: 75mm 15-36 285= tight fit, 290 = loose fit, 295 needs idlers

1 Like

I think your better off with the idler anyhow. Much less chance of belt slip under heavy braking. :grinning:

Your motor is mounted further in on the mount than the motor in Dickyho’s pic. His motor extends past the mount making a longer belt fit snug. If you want it to fit snug you’ll need to slide the motor away and mount it as far out as possible.

2 Likes

Looks like that’s only in the idler image. In the one before it’s all the way along the mount hole to the end.

2 Likes

Yeah, you’re right.

@dickyho can you confirm if we order 290 belts now they will be accurate? thanks