Metasurf Direct Drive ?!

its running at 13s

ah ok. Well I guess 12s would also give you nice speed.

I’m a bit worried about their battery,

13s1p would mean a max safe amp delivery of 10 amps per motor. with the 25r cells, or an even lower number for the sanyo’s because they are only rated at 15 amps each. A 2p system would make so much more sense.

This would be very unsafe/degrade your cells fast with a 1p system. are you sure they are running 1p and not 2p, can you maybe ask again?

Me! If the come with a decent truck

@sofu i think @longhairedboy needs 4 to truly test them. :grinning:

Depending on the dimensions of the battery mounting system, maybe you could bolt another modular pack near the front truck for a 2p configuration and connect them in parallel.

Its 1p. ESC might have lower limit for battery. Keep in mind this isn’t the board to do the tire burning or marathon test on. potential for a decent travel board though is high.

Well you can always pair a dual vesc or 2 vesc and you can use whatever you want.

If metasurf can sell the trucks and direct drives it would be awesome, the direct drives are cheaper than most of the belt drive motors:open_mouth:

1 Like

yes the enclosure he has actually fits focboxes. I am thinking of potentially picking up the drive without the esc

I think the ESC is good for a cheap build but if it limits the motor current to 20A it’s a pity to me. Better to by some small factor vesc and you are done. Even at 12s but with full current will perform better than 13s1p at 20A per motor. You also have to see which remote it uses.

I’m down for 2-4 hubs for us to test, why not. :slight_smile:

1 Like

I pad 90$ for my maytechs, if these motors aren’t crap its totally worth it! Someone should get one and test it

Its probably 20A battery amp Chinese esc don’t limit motor currents…

1 Like

You right. I read wrong or that it’s what is reported? Anyhow for sure is battery max

this is an interesting, fun thread.

i’d be willing to try these now if they can make the compatible truck available for purchase.

like, a pair of the motors and just the truck that they mate to.

the front trucks i can just use what i have already.

i’ve got a board right now that’d be a great candidate to try this on.

Ooh can I get a pair?

edit: maybe 4 was greedy

I might be down for a set.

2jb4iv

20 Likes

Bets on these working out the box with an ownboard style ESC?