Metasurf Direct Drive ?!

To clarify… I threw a random number to him. If we get like 20 motors, can you make us a customized batch? Reason (along with lots of assuming) I am guessing most of us would like sensors 60 amps max is a little weak… (he mentioned this is like the absolute max and was sketchy then) Of course you can get with or without trucks (he is going to send me more pictures about connection) Pretty sure if you just get motor someone like @Kug3lis can figure out how to modify or fabricate something to fit it. Trucks are rated for 200kg and that is conservative.

Again… PM me… only gauging interest right now :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Wow what a coincidence cidence! I literally just landed in Taiwan an hour ago and will be here for around two weeks. Maybe I’ll go check it out :thinking:

Edit: got in touch with the guy through @lfx

20 Likes

Hi. It looks like this could be very easily modified for kegel attachments, maybe thats something you should discuss with him

3 Likes

I need to get my hands on that drive system.

3 Likes

YES!! :heart_eyes:

By kegel I really mean boa since its 100mm big

1 Like

Wanna pay me so I can buy you a pair? Likely gonna get a pair anyways cause I also wanna get a pair to play with… what’s a second pair :stuck_out_tongue: I head back to the US on the 11th and can ship it your way

1 Like

let me know how much if it can even happen when you get there.

I believe it’s $90 USD per drive + change (tax). Shipping via USPS should be like $10 or something idk. I’ll let you know, I have two weeks here basically

While I’m at it and I have space in my suitcase… is anybody local in SF who wants a pair as well? @Jinra? @Aeroquiv?

4 Likes

You gotta let us know if they sell the trucks! Even if I can just get 1 of their front trucks to match with some Carvon drives it would be amazing.

1 Like

Those trucks (rear ones) had super long 8mm axle. Is that safe?

Yes they do sell trucks. My 1 am call with him said that he’s gone and run the thing through presses to stress test it. 200kg is super conservative, I’d expect most folks should have no problem.

Again PM if interested in potential modified motor \ trucks \ group buy.

1 Like

Narrower trucks and kegel attachments and i’m sold.

That Tire seems reallllly close do Trampa…

Do we know if it fits @psychotiller hubs?..not sure, i would say no.

5" requires completely different hub I guess :slight_smile:

1 Like

Sounds like theres enough interest. I will start up another thread with a poll on potential customization after I get out of work today

2 Likes

Their shipping is free per the website. Their pricing may be different if buying locally.

Would be possible to know the motor spec, like diameter ecc… I only see the max current. Thx

On their facebook they said this: 馬達是直徑63mm總長度87.5mm, which translates to: Motor diameter is 63mm total lenght is 87.5mm. im guessing that is including the wheel adapter so probably a 6354 or maybe a 6365 inside

2 Likes

Thanks! Would be nice to see the performance of this motors. 60Kv mean great torque but you need at least 12s to get a nice speed, plus 97mm wheels.