Inner gear direct drive gearbox

I can get you models for the pulleys and hanger. Or if needed I could mail them to you to work with and you ship them back with the completed kit?

2 Likes

The last option would be ideal because model and real life thing is two different things, you would not like to receive kit and find that it doesn’t fit :slight_smile:

1 Like

I’ve got axles. I can get an extra set of trucks. I’ll get the trucks ordered. When I get them I’ll repack and send you one. PM me an address when you have a minute.

1 Like

I’m not buying anything, I’m not buying anything, I’m not buying anything …arrrrgh

But a combo package, limited offer to first 20 sets or specific typical sale-time - €500

• FatBoy Dual Direct Drive Motormounts for Trampa MTB v2
  • FatBoy Solid Core Hub 3.75" 5 Spoke for 28mm bearing (set of 4 hubs)

Please don’t do this :thinking:

1 Like

Nah €500 is too low :wink: €550

2 Likes

Ok, I can resist :weight_lifting_man:

Now available 8mm & 10mm motor shaft size

https://shop.3dservisas.eu/products/fatboy-dual-direct-drive-motormounts-for-trampa-mtb-v2

2 Likes

Do you think, this is your final version, of the direct drive ? Or do you have changes in the pipeline ?

For this type I guess yeah, in case some better ideas come up.

How much ground clearance do you have ? Do you think, it’s enough for a eMTB setup ?

Ground clearance is around 4cm but the idea is that the biggest part is only 2.5cm width next to the tire so in case you happen to ride a rail next wheel it shouldn’t cause many problems.

I have ridden it through small foresty road with many wood and etc and haven’t touched anything apart hanger.

Hmm i think about it…

But i don`t think that 4cm is much, on a Mountain Board in the woods :-/

Yes, I understand what you are saying, but in the reality, there is nothing much to choose from direct drive’s which would give you enough ground clearance, maybe new (work in progress) 3:1 small gearbox which will be the size of the wheel hub.

1 Like

P.S. You can always use 8" tires which would give you another 1" of clearance

I Am using 8 inch tires on my MTB :slight_smile:

You dont have a picture with your direct drive mountet on 8inch tires ? I thought the pictures on you site, was showing 8 inch

Small gearbox 3:1 sound awesome btw. :slight_smile:

1 Like

Sorry I said wrong size 9" tires not 8"…

Got about 2 cm more clearance with a none-innerdrive variety, but it is more complex and could not be manufactured with such an attractive and competitive price point.

1 Like

Yep, I know the thing is you can make even smallest version with multiple gears and etc, but then the price point would be too big for anyone even to consider it.

Hey @Kug3lis, Have you noticed if the 3:1 gearbox benefits from a lower Kv motor? I’m running about 4:1 on my belt drive trampa and feel like it needs more low end on the 8 inch pneumatics. I’m running 12s and 190 kv motors and want to try a gearbox, but I’m worried about the 190’s being the wrong choice. Btw I live in a very hilly area.

I haven’t yet tried 3:1 as it is still in development. Your setup really lacks in the torque department.

48 AM

The 3:1 version is oriented for smaller wheels like 6.5" / 125mm gummies and etc and low kv motors like 130kv

36 AM

If you want more torque I would recommend this inner gear drive box with 170kv motors which would give you more than enough torque

00 AM

Or even 130kv motors but then you lose max speed. With 5:1 and 170kv I had no problem climbing to really steep hills.