Inner gear direct drive gearbox

What about a « 2 stage gear»?

Way more expensive, as it will require bearings and etc :slight_smile:

Dude just wow, i love it.

Can you explain a bit more about your trucks? I see its a spherical joint, the two side links constrain the path of the axle rotation, but what stops it from wiggling around like crazy? Do you have some bushings hidden away?

And also what is the tiny little linkage in the middle of one of the bigger ones? Is that a damper of some sort? But how… its just a link as far as i can see

Awesome set up! Very intriguing

1 Like

@xilw3r spherical on the center with two radius rods. 3-link Arm angle determines steer tilt ratio… https://www.instagram.com/p/BanNnMJDUWM/

1 Like

@MoeStooge Thanks for the answer.I looked through the insta, but still, where are the bushings? And whats the tiny rod connected to the middle of one of theradius rods by the motor, i suppose somehow related to the motorcycle damper you mentioned? If love to see how you have the damper set up. Or are these secrets and I’m asking too much :)?

1 Like

CBR 1000 dampener hooked to cc 6v.

on this set, bushing preload set by clamp collar and spacer width. Hope this helps

7 Likes

Didn’t mean to jump your thread. Been reading along… Think your Inside drive spur design is solid :+1:

Insanity! of the good kind. Can;t believe the bushing was right in front of my nose, i guess black and white pictures fooled me :smiley:

@Kug3lis yea sorry for thread hijacking. I wanted to ask, why have the motor mount distance adjustable? Unless of course you were making different pinions to go with the set. I’m asking mainly because only two screws are kind of holding the motor mount in place, which seems to be the weakest point in the whole (otherwise great) build.

9t pinion 76t 8.44:1 spur. Ran a 15t pinion on the dry lake bed for a 5.06:1 drive and a 112kph top end. Motor mounts are adjustable for pinion size and have inner and outer adj mounts. They hold each 5400w motor secure and in place.

There are not much-bending forces as with belts or chains, so 2 screws are more than enough, the moving is only to fine adjust the gear engagement as on each wheel the wheel sits differently because of the hub (that’s why we are working on solid alu hubs) :wink:

1 Like

There is new mounting system, which requires fever adjustments compared to previous one.

5 Likes

Frank

The kit is now available to buy!

https://shop.3dservisas.eu/collections/drivetrain/products/fatboy-dual-direct-drive-motormounts-for-trampa-mtb-v2

12 Likes

Any chance you could re-engineer the truck mount for Surf Rodz TKP’s? If so I’d buy 2 sets.

First thing I don’t think it would fit. The biggest hanger width I see is 17*mm. Another question is what kind of wheel are you going to use with it?

1 Like

I typically use the 177mm hanger with 80mm axles, that leaves 15mm of spacers between the hanger and wheel. I’d most likely want to use 6 shooters but I could use 8in MBS Rock Stars too.

One drivetrain with 6374 motor is around 11cm in length So you would need minimum like 23cm width. Between wheels

Also, would MBS Matrix IIs be an easier truck to engineer for? That’s doable for me as well, a little less desirable but doable.

I’ll measure it and let you know.

If the size fits, you would need to provide the hanger and wheels to make it work :wink: