General Carvon Thread - V3 - V4 SD - V4 XL and future products

Do you have a model??? I can 3D print you a sleeve for it out of TPU. I did that for my GFs build a few months ago and it worked great. I left space between the motor and sleeve and added a slots throughout so overheating is not an issue.

1 Like

6374 motor ya?

Yep. I iterated the design a few times to get the cooling right but I got it worked out and it fits really snug too.

That’s it in blue on the picture above. I havent really taken any more pics since I havent done much to that build

1 Like

Love to get the file off you to print one myself as I’m in Ireland…thinkin Black pla filament or did you use abs

thanks for the offer. I don’t really need it at the moment, I’m told I’ll get a sleeve soon

or id buy one off you but shipping might be alot

I’d like to keep the file to myself atm. It would not print well in either one. The part is only 3 layers thick so it would be too fragile if made out of ABS or PLA. It has to be made out of flexible TPU for it to work as intended.

PM me, lets figure something out, if shipping is too expensive then maybe there’s some service like shapeways in the UK that we can use.

1 Like

The ultimate mod for direct drives would be stainless steel cans. No need for urethane sleeves and therefore more ground clearance and strength.

@fliess has apparently turned some SS cans on his lathe. Jerry needs to get on this, talk to his contacts that supply the current cans and get them to Hydroform in stainess!

2 Likes

@skyblaster, you’re right dude, but making them stainless would mean making them more expensive. Also to make them really robust, you’ll need at least 3-5mm thick cans, which means extra 1kg of weight. In other words, I don’t think my solution is ever being used in mass production.

Before stainless cans, I used just aluminised steel with silicone tubes on top. Was not bad, but I had to always think about not damaging the motors by hit/heat. And this is a last thing I want to think about while having a ride. Now, with stainless cans, I just roll over everything without bothering. As well as not taking care about curbstones - freedom! :crazy_face:

3 Likes

Ding ding ding dinner bell boys. Speed Drive R are up for sale again. Sadly XL are delayed again.

https://www.carvonskates.com/blogs/news/v4-speeddrive-r-is-shipping-xl-in-2-weeks

https://www.carvonskates.com/collections/parts/products/carvon-v4-speeddrive

2 Likes

Wow, didn’t expect to see those for sale again… You guys think they’ll offer the XL’s soon too?? Deciding if I wanna try for 4WD with the SD-R or with SD-XL…

Lol it’s kinda ludicrous that they just figured out they don’t have a machine to assemble the XL

Has an XL never been built yet?

4 Likes

I’m guessing he’s funding the new machine with SD-R preorder?

I’m getting the feeling that the axles back from machine shop aren’t quite right, and Carvon decided to bring more machining capabilities in-house.

EDIT not a feeling https://www.carvonskates.com/blogs/news/updates-and-shipping-schedule

2 Likes

Am I correct in assuming that Jerry meant SpeedDrive XL’s in his update?

Or is there a Torque Drive XL as well?

There’s no such thing as torque drive xl he meant speed drives xl

1 Like

Zzzzzz.

More fucking delays. Starting to sound a lot like another company around here who’s never getting business from me again.

I wish they made the XL’s in the same kv as the SD-R’s…

Just from the extra power it would be quite a bit better torque.

I wish they made the XLs with a lower kv…

3 Likes

BOY OH BOY

9 Likes

Or those R or XL and did you ask for a silver baseplate?