General Carvon Thread - V3 - V4 SD - V4 XL and future products

https://www.surf-rodz.com/products/category/rkp-kits

https://www.surf-rodz.com/products/category/tkp-grindsz

@PXSS link to rkp and TKP truck kits…

Rkp truck kits are 159 Tkp truck kits are 119

1 Like

There was some confusion about it being one or two trucks in the kit @scepterr thinks it’s one. I say that’s ridiculous. So just needed to verify! Thanks

If you click on a link… For either of the kits you would see that you pick the colors for two base plates and two hangars…

1 Like

That was my reasoning! Thanks for confirming I’m not crazy.

2 Likes

And if your super fancy you can email them after you order and ask for split baseplate angles with your order number.(if you want split angles) Ask for Andrew…

@PXSS

@PXSS @scepterr

Fyi also I believe the drives are 305mm tip to tip?

You’ll need 70 or 80mm axles to have the same width. Here is a quick width chart…

200mm + 70mm axles*2(42.64mm exposed * 2 using all provided spacers)= ~285mm total hangar width 30mm of spacer

200mm + 70 with one 5mm spacer removed per side (37.64 exposed axle fully sunk into hangar) = ~275mm 25mm of spacer

200mm + 80mm axles(52.6mm exposed using all provided spacers) = ~305mm hangar width 40mm of spacer

200mm + 80 with 5mm spacer removed(47.64 exposed axle fully sunk into hangar) = ~295mm 35mm of spacer

200mm + 90mm axles (62.6mm exposed using all provided spacers) = ~325mm 50mm of spacer

200+ 90 - 5mm spacer(57.64 exposed axle fully sunk into hangar) = ~315mm 45mm of spacer

3 Likes

I have a metric shit ton of 80x10mm axles if anyone needs any. $2 each plus shipping.

4 Likes

Ill probably take ya up on that!

1 Like

Just let me know how many you want, if they can wait until I get down there Ill just bring them and save the shipping. They are heavy AF :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Yay, so I’m getting 2 trucks, awesome :grin: Got the 200+70

2 Likes

Perfect, no rush. I just changed my surfrodz order to the adjustable base plate. Still waiting on that and the Bludgeon… oh yeah, and haven’t even ordered 6shooters and mounts yet… needless to say, no rush :sweat_smile:

1 Like

Are you using them both? Or do you just need one set for carvons?

Hehe I’ll be using both, one on the hyperbeast with carvons and 1 on the Zenith with dual 6374 on tb218 rear :yum:

2 Likes

In general, I’m staying mum on any and all Carvon related questions. Every time i think i know something, it changes. The only thing I know for certain is that i’m waiting on parts and an order list.

1 Like

Fook it, replace that torque board rear with SR as well, and we can split another set :wink: for the ole Carvons… jk.

You joke…but I was considering it :rofl: I need to see how good these actually are, if they live up to the hype I’ll probably do it

1 Like

The Surf Rodz TKP’s…are that good.

Hey does anyone know if there is a way to fit the V4’s onto a Trampa deck, since they are at like a 35 degree angle for mounting the trucks…

You can get an adapter riser but I don’t know how well it’ll end up behaving

@okp makes a 35 degree riser that will adapt MBS/Trampa trucks toa regular deck, I don’t know if you can adapt regular 50 degree trucks to a trampa deck. I don’t even know why you would want too, but essentially you will need to make a 50 degree baseplate 35 degrees by dewedging…I think.