General Carvon Thread - V3 - V4 SD - V4 XL and future products

Hey @longhairedboy Do you have a clue on any of the above questions? Figured you might have some info since you’ll be putting boards together for Jerry.

Does anyone want to split a set of SurfRodz RKP?

1 Like

Aren’t they sold in singles?

1 Like

I’ve got an extra TB 218 if you’d rather. I can go ahead and do the cutoff and re-thread too, do you :).

I am interested in that. I have set incoming,but during the waiting process, that set has a new destiny…

3 Likes

I’ll split a set. :metal:

1 Like

I am toying with getting this baseplate for the front truck. Just to see, they look dope AF.

https://www.surf-rodz.com/products/truck-parts/rkp-adjustable-base

Shit, lets be honest, I really want them. Anybody have any experience with them?

1 Like

Been thinking about that myself for my Evo, let me know how it works out for you.

1 Like

For $160?! God, I hope not!

I just spent way too much money on my anniversary dinner so I could do with not spending $80 on a truck! I can do the cutting and thread clean-up myself as the SDXL is at least 1in wider than the TD. Let me know how much thru pm.

Have you mounted your TDs yet? Are they very different in height to the TBs 218? Do the TDs also come with a 10mm axle and if so do you want to split a set of seismic bearings since we only need 4 ea?

I may wait on getting other parts ordered for this build as I don’t think I have enough info to make educated purchases right now and I don’t want to waste money.

Depending on geometry and all, I will either take Mike on his offer of TB front trucks, Split a pair of Surf Rodz RKP or Hybridsz (Does anyone know the difference?) Or if available split a pair of liquid trucks

I ordered thinking it was a single truck :rofl:

1 Like

Loool! The hangar is sold for $65, baseplate for $45, axles for $38-48, and $15 for bushing. So you may be right! I really hope not thoigh! That would definitely put them out of my price range.

The price variance on these is wild! Some shops have a set of 2 for $200 while others have a single truck for $250! I’ve emailed surf-rodz, we’ll see what they say…

@Deckoz, any idea on this?

“Surf-rodz - Rkp 200mm X10mm / 35° Green Single Truck Kit - (Pair) Skateboard Trucks” $214.60 (You save $107.30) Like, seriously. Can you be any more confusing?!

1 Like

Guys anyone willing to exchange order i have 2 speed drive order and i’d like the torque drive in the end so I can test it as well. I will add cash of course.

Aren’t TDs cheaper? Or do you mean SDXL?

Yeah a few bucks, so i ll add on top of the SD . It’s not usefull to me to have two SD, so i d rather like to find a way to get a SDXL

Are you looking for Torque Drives or Speed Drive XL. They are different…

I’ll take you up on that extra 218 truck, if @PXSS isn’t interested. I actually bought one single pair of two trucks from Surf Rodz on black Friday, but they were all out of black, so I cancelled. Was going to sell one truck off to another Carvonoisseur.

Yeah my bad man i mean the sdxl the torque drive is the koowheel one ?

@PXSS is gonna take it. I’ll let you know if I get more.

2 Likes

Another thing I really want to see on carbon trucks are avenue suspension trucks It will be a great damper

Go-to the SurfRodz website and buy a full kit

Full kit $159 $10 bearings $16 surf keys +Shipping

1 Like

Just to make it absolutely clear for everyone else looking into it, it is a pair of trucks for $160, correct?

I’ll be taking the extra truck from mike. :slight_smile:

1 Like