General Carvon Thread - V3 - V4 SD - V4 XL and future products

Basically just really like the design is why I was wanting to know. Haven’t found one similar in a drop down style, like the LY Evo.

Then get an EVO, much more stable. Or look at the Caldera or Bludgeon by @treenutter.

3 Likes

In fact @okp is trying to get 20 preorders to do another production run on those wedge risers… but I think they carry a pretty hefty price tag. IIRC

2 Likes

You have a link by chance, I haven’t heard anything about this.

1 Like
3 Likes

Walk away for 7 minutes, and @mmaner beats me to the punch :rofl:

4 Likes

Very cool risers… I’m just wondering how they would look on a Trampa with Carvon’s… Certainly would be cheaper to go with Evo or Hummie board with the compartment…

2 Likes

I would def encourage you to look at @treenutter Red Ember Boards, mine have been the most comfortable board and controllable decks ever.

3 Likes

It would make it awkwardly high.

Oh those are nice!

2 Likes

Awesome, just chatted with him, I’m getting me a Bludgeon board from him.

9 Likes

You wont regret it.

2 Likes

Yup! Here is mine, coming in hot!

8 Likes

Ordering Surf Rodz is confusing, so I’ll give everyone some info on my order and overall experience from their blackfriday deal. I originally ordered the 200mm hanger and 70mm axles in black but the owner told me that he needed to wait two weeks for the hanger powder coating to finish before shipping. After a month of waiting I called the owner and was informed they still hadn’t been sent to powder coating. I decided to pay the Surf Rodz machine shop a visit since its only a 30 minute drive from me, and demanded that we get my order sorted out. The owner was very helpful in person and helped me find an axle and hanger combo that matched the carvon v3 width.

Since they still had no 200mm hanger’s, we used 176mm hangers and various axle sizes to find what matched. The final result was the 176mm hanger and 60mm axles with 15mm of spacers before the wheels, and 5mm on the outside of the wheels. This comes out to 246mm outer bearing to outer bearing and matched the v3s nearly perfectly.

My understanding of how their sizing works:

• The axles screw into the hanger pretty far (making it very solid) so the true axle size is actually 20mm less than what is advertised.

• An example would be that the 70mm axles come with (3) 10x10mm spacers, so that when you add your (2) 5mm wide bearings and (1)10x10mm wheel spacer, the total axle length comes to 50mm.

• One thing to note is that the carvon v3s are 305mm axle to axle, but with wheels and the included spacers, it will have plenty of exposed axle on both sides. The more accurate measurement for matching the trucks would be from outer bearing to outer bearing which is about 250mm on the v3s.

• So for a 200mm hanger, I would recommend using 10x50mm axles, with one 5mm spacer on each side of the wheel. (The 5mm spacer after the outer bearings will not protrude past your flywheels)

Some other notes about Surf Rodz

• The owner does custom cnc for aerospace and medical equipment, Surf Rodz is a side business ran through his shop.
  • If they don’t have a certain part in the color you want, they will make you wait until they receive a certain amount of orders for that color, and then they will finally take them to the paint shop.
  • They may try to pull a fast one on you. My friend actually placed the order since we both needed one truck each. After 3 weeks of no word on shipping my friend called and the owner told him that he would send him the hybridsz as a free upgrade rather than the rkps and my friend agreed. My friend told me immediatly after, so I called them up to explain that we do not want hybridsz since they are 40 bucks cheaper and not the right width, but the owner had already shipped them out and had charged us the full cost of the rkps even tho hybridsz are significantly less money. Since I called the owner out he agreed to fix the issue, and even let us keep the hybridsz which was more than generous.
  • My last note is that I am not sure If I even like the rkps. The issue is that the bushing seat is too tight and doesn’t offer very good lean. I haven’t spent as much time on the rkps as I have on the Hybridsz because my V3s are in for repair, but I can still confidently say that the hybridsz (with the updated bushing seat design) ride way better.
7 Likes

Good write up. Have you messed around with bushing combos on the RKPs to see if that makes them any better? I am still waiting on those black hangers… it does make me a bit sad, that you aren’t super psyched on them :confused:

Yeah thanks for the insight, I’ll reach out on Monday just to confirm what I ordered is in stock.

Edit: Ok I was a bit impatient and reached out, mine should ship today :yum:

Was it by chance the 200 mm in black that is ready to ship?

Yep, I’ll let you know when it does ship…:wink:

Got off the phone with them earlier, they just got the 200mm hangers back in black! Its pretty cool, I was asking them about upgrading to the adjustable base plates, but they only had them in gold (I wanted raw or black).

Because I had to wait so long on the hanger and they didnt have the colors available correctly on the site for the adjustable angle base plate, they upgradded em for free! Pretty dope. Thats like a $75 value or so… this does however throw a wrench in my planned color scheme though…hrmm

2 Likes

Nice, just got ship notification on surfrodz

1 Like