Freefly Robotics new universal motor controller, ARC200. Thoughts?

A No go for efficient low pole inrunners. My hope for everyone else is that this esc has the ability to operate with 40% of it’s capability never being used. Keeping shit cool increases the longevity and reliability for safe rides at speed…:checkered_flag::checkered_flag: IMG_20181012_064751

1 Like

I have some tricks up my sleave for low induction motors :wink:

2 Likes

Specifically motor inductance must be over 12uH. I think we have gotten away with a few lower but Tyler probably doesn’t want me saying that publicly!

:wink:

2 Likes

You’re a city boy. These things need some off-road hills to chew on with 120 kg of weight in total on top.

Then there is the chance of reverse engineering. I’d be too stupid for that. JK

2 Likes

Haha too late :smiley:

@tabbytabb thanks for letting me test them… I was thinking that my focboxes will not be able to push new motors hard with only 90A on 180A motors ;D

EDIT: With new gear drive I will be going full offroad :smiley:

2 Likes

I just got the FreeFly ARC 200 gear & holy mother of Skatan it looks nice! I am going to replace the VESC-X’s in my Bludgeon Build with them and see what they can do. This will give me a good base line to compare from as I’ve got 100’s of miles on the Bludgeon.

@tabbytabb, this is quality stuff, thanks again for the opportunity to test.

19 Likes

When you’re done with the testing. Ship em to me and I’ll see how they perform in -25°c :see_no_evil:

3 Likes

@tabbytabb , great looking product you have here. What brand of connectors have you used for the signal wires? They look very nice!

Right on Mike! Can’t wait to see you using them

1 Like

Thanks Alex,

They are a JST waterproof latching connector. Its really hard to find waterproof and latching connectors in a size / weight range that we wanted. I know David spent a long time looking for the ‘perfect’ connector.

Its always such a tough tradeoff between designing things to be ultra bulletproof / cheap / lightweight.

3 Likes

@mmaner how is your experience with them?

1 Like

I’m just about done building. I decided to build/rebuild a new board with my existing gear drive. Finished the battery pack this morning, extending the phase wires now.

7 Likes

Thanks, I assume you mean the JST JWPF series? Looks the most similar to me. Did you have them over-molded by JST, or by someone else?

Good look at the software setup here.

4 Likes

thats really nice… now i want a scooter :yum: on psychotiller wheels that fur jacket rofl

3 Likes
4 Likes

Wow, this is awesome, cant wait to get hand on these :slight_smile: Configuration options puts VESC into shame :smiley: Also will probably make some heatsink for this stuff as I will be pulling some amps :smiley:

2 Likes

When you pull more amps https://goo.gl/images/nAu1be

1 Like

Trust me today I can’t even walk my legs hurt… That torque is sick like all the time it tries to take off :smiley:

2 Likes

That’s what she said :smirk:

2 Likes