Freefly Robotics new universal motor controller, ARC200. Thoughts?

https://freeflyrobotics.com/products/arc200

4 Likes

They ain’t cheap :smile:

1 Like

Cool, but completely unnecessary when using for electric skateboards when there are VESC and focbox for half the price

christ almighty 8mm bullets? wtf.

Electric paddle/surf boards and other similar watercraft too maybe? they seem to be targeting everything.

2 Likes

From the looks of it (I can only spot 3 motor wires unless I’m mistaken), it’s overpriced, at least for me. Now, if this was a dual motor controller I definitely could consider it.

Those electric surfboards are dope… they have an electric hydrofoil on the bottom and the range is 10 nautical miles :smile:

2 Likes

just for the phase wires… it says xt90 for the connection from the battery? makes no sense.

1 Like

Someone buy one and send it to Flipsky so that we can buy it from them in 3 weeks for tree fiddy

8 Likes

Come on whose going to drop the 600 plus shipping for science? Come on anyone? Thats only marginally cheaper than the vesc6 and at least with that you know what you’re getting. Lovely website without any real info. Wheres the data sheet? wheres the guts pics? If you’re going to ask premium cash you should at the very least open the box. Like the sneaky pics of the baja in there too. Nice marketing because I’m pretty sure those controllers won’t be on mine when it arrives. But…but…what if it is the premium product it looks like…I won’t be dropping that cash without a lot more info. Edit; if they are on the baja then at least you lot will have a test monkey:laughing:

1 Like

Hey Guys, I am from the Freefly team and we would be happy to send out a few sample units to users you trust to review the Arc200. I realized we are new to the game and have to put our money where our mouth is.

Who would you want to see review one?

Thanks! Tabb

7 Likes

Welcome. Ignore my previous dickbag comment, only meant in jest.

You’d need to send two out for dual drive to get some kind of real world use. Someone who would ride it like the other ten thousand bits of equipment he’s used @okp ?

And someone who would stop just short of setting it on fire to stress test @longhairedboy ?

7 Likes

I’m thinking @MoeStooge so he can use it to break the world record. That would bring you a lot of marketing @tabbytabb

13 Likes

In the meantime, think we can get some specs? Can we get a looksy inside? Vesc based or using your own proprietary software?

1 Like

Not Vesc based, read more here!

https://freeflysystems.atlassian.net/wiki/spaces/FRP/pages/269320193/Motor+Drives

1 Like

Do you have a linux api or arduino serial library available? I would be interested in using them for my ground robot.

We do have an API (basically documentation of our QX protocol)

https://freeflysystems.atlassian.net/wiki/spaces/FRP/pages/269090848/API

1 Like

Damnit Jim, I’m an accountant not a computer programmer. I can read tax codes, not this computer jibber jabber lol.

Ok, so sorry but a few basic things that not sure I missed. Comparing your motor controller to some new ones coming out like the focbox unity and flipsky dual vesc will you have?

1. Built-in anti-spark?
  2. Built-in bluetooth?
  3. Android / Iphone app? A. Multiple custom profiles?

Question 3 is actually what peaks my interest in that the ARC200 is going for the “universal” motor controller approach. I’d love to be able to swap out a controller to use on different vehicles / drones. I can have an ebike, e drift trike, hydrofoil , and drone all using the same controller with just a 5 minute swap and change the profile simply on my phone. Is this something you guys have in mind?

1 Like

Hey! Space_Cowboy

1. Yes on Anti Spark (spark reduction)
  2. Yes built in BT
  3. Android / iPhone app coming if the market demand is sufficient for us to pursue! We definitely have it in mind and you could certainly do this now with the PC GUI (But we know that only Tyler (brains behind Arc200) still uses a PC)

Tabb

On a side note we strongly prefer you buy an Arc200 for each setup :heart_eyes:

1 Like

I’d live to test one. I’m currently testing for FlipSky and have tested in the past for Landyachtz and Blood Orange.

4 Likes