Freefly Robotics new universal motor controller, ARC200. Thoughts?

Great video guys. Like watching “top Gear” for electric vehicles! Favourite quote “I’m like a big fan of vehicles that can kill you” Well guys you are certainly on the right forum! Can’t wait to see some testing of the arc in our applications and the test crew you have assembled will certainly do that! If @longhairedboy can’t break it If @mmaner can build it into a board during his coffee break If @Kug3lis can take it apart and put it back together again Then it will be shut up and take my money time! Exciting stuff.

5 Likes

I have a single drive bustin pintail that I use to for n00bs. It has a 10s3p pack and a 6374 motor. It is sitting in the corner as we speak with the enclosure removed waiting on the Arc 200 :slight_smile:. Ill have it in the same day I get it, as long as its dry I’ll have metrics with an hour of having it built.

Of course you will :laughing: Wouldn’t it be nice if this was what we’ve all been waiting for. Its also nice to see a product new to the market that doesn’t originate from china. I have a baja coming which I want to mate up with some big amp graphite lipos. These sound perfect for that application. Very expensive science project though but it keeps me off the streets.

4 Likes

Quite simply, you won’t use USB all the time. If you are running a non-sensored motor you wont need the sensor wires. So it would be nice to be able to remove the extra wires when not needed or have covers that prevent moisture or dust getting in.

Interesting they recommend to go sensor-less for eSk8?

Still need Moe to break some record’s just so you can brag that you have the same controller

1 Like

Hope it can be like E-DIFF of bajaboard

Maybe I’m missing something… I don’t see any sensor wires, the USB lead would stay in the enclosure and the PPM lead works connect to your the RX. The only thing coming out if the enclosure is the phase wires.

On the output side, there are 3 phase wires and 4 other wires. PWM, USB, ENC (sensor) and THRO (CAN inputs) The diagram can be found here: https://freeflysystems.atlassian.net/wiki/spaces/FRP/pages/269844541/Wiring+Arc200

Considering the effort to make the overall housing water resistant and splash-proof, it would be nice to either remove the extra wires not needed, or cover them with a cap that would make them water resistant as well. While my electronics sit inside an IP67 enclosure, I like to still cater for the possibility of water getting inside.

I just dont understand why the placement is any different than any other ESC, its all going in the enclosure. No big either way, I just dont see why this is important.

Less wires = smaller enclosure…might just be a preference for some depending on required application.

Hello Tabbytabb,

I have build a boat with Here you can see some info, sorry German forum.

https://www.boote-forum.de/showthread.php?t=275478

I am using SSS 56114 motor. Is it possible to get a test unit from your controller?

Greetings Torsten

For future readers. Test units are going out, it’s probably impolite at this point to ask for a free esc.

4 Likes

Hey Torsten, The SSS 56114-360 motor should work fine!

2 Likes
4 Likes

@longhairedboy, @psychotiller, @Kug3lis Did yo guys ever receive your Arc200 to test? My bustin pintail is doing a lot of complaining, been sitting in the corner with her clothes off for a couple of weeks now :slight_smile:

@tabbytabb can you give us an update?

1 Like

I havent heard a single word from anybody regarding it :slight_smile:

EDIT: If they would send me 2 of them I would run test with 80100 on high currents :smiley: I have high current lipos so no problem to put them through their paces :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Hey guys! We are working on building units to send out for testing. We hit a few last minute issues with accessory cables and had to work through them (it always happens). I will post here when I send them out.

Thanks! T

1 Like

Thanks for the update T, always appreciated and looking forward to testing these monsters :slight_smile:.

Nope!!! I watched the programming video and everything…

1 Like