FatBoy Nano Urethane Gear Drive 1:2.6

Does the wheel pulley work with 100mm MBS wheels?

Finally cut the motor shaft to put the motors onā€¦ a little too tight to try to fit these 6374s on E-caliber. not sure if itā€™s a good idea. thereā€™s basically not a lot of axle to work with after fitting everything together.

Also, still waiting for the right Kegel core wheels to put on. either 100s BOAs or up-coming TB 110s, these 90mm Popoca will stay on for looks for now.

image image

9 Likes

20190206_133501 Howā€™d you get your shafts cut?

Iā€™m taking mine to the Gunsmith tomorrow due to lack of tools :frowning_face:

Dual 6374ā€™s are a tight fit on the TB218 but it seems thatā€™s by design :slight_smile:

Got a set of Red Boaā€™s (100mm) that I havenā€™t tried yet, but I hear good things (also the white soon to be restocked)

I literally just took a hacksaw at it. put the motor gear on, marked a line and used some elbow grease. Iā€™m using e-caliber. I dont think my 6374s actually fits if I pushed both pressfited all the way in, forgot to check the first side. thatā€™s probably why one side has slightly more room on the axle than the other.

Boas are great, i have been waiting for them to restock the white ones since I paid during Black Friday sale tho. hopefully they will actually restocked them. I was told a few weeks back in December, asked again this week, and they said the same thing.

im open to trade these old TB 6374 (sensored, cut axle) for either TB or Maytech 6355s Ā± some amount of money. got them from @Lambjr088 a while ago (only ā€œbench testedā€ but a lot of scratches :woman_shrugging:)

e-caliber is only 6355 bigger will have clearance issue when turning

1 Like

clearance issue as in the wheels bits onto the screws that holds the gear drive casing together?

No motors will hit truck baseplateā€¦ This is how much space is require to have good turnability on e-caliber

yeah I would prefer 6355s. if anyone is planning to use these on TB218 and open to trade hmu.

I think if I lower the the mount angle and then wedge the base plate it should be fine. it will just be a slight split angle, which iā€™m a fond of. Right now, it still has room for turning but idk if I like my motors so close to the ground.

im more worry about e-cal not being long enough atm. turning should be ok.

Would these work with 97mm flywheels? Or does it have to be 107

pretty sure the 9mm are measured here. btw. itā€™s 90mm wheels on the picture so not actually 9mm. Thanks @Winfly for picture

9mm

2 Likes

These could possibly be used mounted diagonally? With two sk3 6374?

I got 5 mm ground clearance if I set it with my 90mm ā€¦ :smile:

4 Likes

Hey guys, Iā€™m new to the forums. Just purchased the nano gear drive for my diy belt driven board and this will be my first gear/direct drive. I plan on using dual torque board 6374 on a tb 218mm, just wondering anyone that runs the same setup, how much of the motor shaft did you have to cut/ how long does the shaft have to mount perfectly to the motor spur gear so that it doesnā€™t hit the cover? Thanks in advance. -Tom

(it is not a torqueboard on the photo, but Overion 6374, with TB218 too) You maybe also have to cut the keyway :wink:

4 Likes

Itā€™s 14.5mm for motor axle length if more precise

:smiley: handmade ā€¦

5 Likes

Thanks for the quick response guys! Seeing all these awesome pics is gettin me even more excited lol. Did u guys have to loctite the motor spur to the shaft or is the keyway enough? If it does have to be glued, should i use loctite 603 or 648?

Itā€™s best to use loctite for bearing glueing on the spur, on the keyway and most importantly on set screws because if they come off the hole they will destroy gears.

1 Like

I plan to use loctite 648

IMG_3938

4 Likes

Sounds good. Will try to look for either locally. It seems the 603 formula is perfect for bonding cylindrical parts.