Evolve Carbon GT battery upgrade

Are you serious! where’s your evidence for those statements. Do you know what you’re talking about ? You shouldn’t come on here talking about stuff you know nothing about…

3 Likes

:rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl: Is that drama enough

2 Likes

:joy::joy::joy: Too good

There are effigies of you now with pins in and @b264 is planning his reply for the 10s thing. :notes: Baby come back :notes:

1 Like

Ok I own a CGT and I’m ready to do a battery upgrade. I’ve been reading for 2 weeks now about battery upgrades. I’m thinking about doing a 10s8p (10s4p*2). Any thoughts…suggustions?

How you planning on getting it to fit in? Routing, spacer or both? I built a 10S10P for a guy so the battery is not a problem to make. There was a guy in Perth making 20mm spacers but he had gone off line. I have just bought a cnc router to make enclosures and spacers but that’s not setup yet. Have to build it first. You can get the stl files online if you have a 3D printer. If you have that sorted then I don’t see any issues with the idea.

1 Like

@eboosted has a universal enclosure that will fit the Evolve GTX deck.

3 Likes

I plan to build or buy an enclosure to go underneath the board. The reason for breaking the battery up into 2 10s4p packs. that 10s10p sounds really sweet. I want to keep my evolve carbon deck (I love the deck) but eventually I’ll replace the ESC with a dual FSESC 6 6 or an Unity.

wow…thx these enclosures look great.

Carbon GT. Sorry was thinking of the BGT.

Check out my Hellboy build thread. This is an Evolve on acid. I really like the feel of Evolve, but wanted to maximize.

1 Like

that’s bad ass bruh…how’s that Unity and the 12s4p working for ya? that’s my ideal set up CGT AT with unity. I’m concerned that 12s4p will not be enough. How’s the range, torque and top speed?

is it really as easy as they show in the videos…setting up the Unity?

The Unity has been great, yes very easy to set up. 12s4p on Unity with dual 200kw motors is brutal. I lowered the motor max from 60 to 50 amps to stop the dragster acceleration. I haven’t ever floored it yet. If you get close it will throw you off the back. Not sure about the range but based on the charge time it is big. The board is very smooth and silent. Still has that Evolve carve though.

Have you tried an acceleration curve yet?

I have. Still tweaking and riding. :slight_smile:

1 Like

Cool, I usually start around -20/-20 and tweak from there. Good luck.

1 Like

With the spacer and moving down the esc i should expect connection dropouts or better connectivity with the remote? Plan to use and 10s5p

If you’re upgrading the battery throw out the garbage stock electronics and spend the extra 350 for a reliable dual esc, controller and loopkey

I had 0 dropouts in i think 5000km. I was thinking about dropouts because i heard some people have them and if i move controller down wouldn’t like to have them.

If i could have R2 remote with another esc/controller i would change if dropouts appear. I just love R2