Evolve Carbon GT battery upgrade

because thats what manufacturers do… they test to make there products fail to determine safe parameters for there products then they write the safe working load on the spec sheet… am i seriously answering this question rn… look guys im out. its been fun. as usual the forum is just an echo chamber for people with similar thoughts and not the place of research that some people think it is. good luck. dont rek your selves

Missing you already

7 Likes

Look I don’t want you to leave. I feel like we are having a forum discussion, that’s what we do here. So please don’t feel attacked.

If 30q aren’t that great what is?

I’m agreeing with you that the ESC draws upwards of 65 AMPS. But I’m disagreeing that runnning 30Q’s at 20A’s is a fire hazard…

Evolve claims it draws “60-80A at times”. Video here(timestamped): https://youtu.be/hIEj9ylmKRI?t=110

Dude hes not saying they’re not great, hes saying they shouldn’t run at 20 amps. Cool. Then got all silly when he got corrected. Love a discussion but if hes not mature enough to come in here and behave like an adult then good riddance. Think the discussion went sideways earlier due to confusion over continuous and peak. Lets just put it down to inexperience and leave it there. Mate stay and read and expand your horizons. Seriously we are not here to bag you out just to give you some insight into different opinions and experiences.

1 Like

Rant… :point_down:

@maker

wow. some really emotionaly upset people here. sorry ladys i didnt mean to upset your tea party.

like i said im not here to ruin your party. just being the annoying becareful guy.

but good to see people are confidently commenting on stuff they have no experience or knowledge on.

looks like im really missing out not sitting on a forum all day.

as usual the forum is just an echo chamber for people with similar thoughts and not the place of research that some people think it is. good luck. dont rek your selves

am i seriously answering this question rn… look guys im out. its been fun.

. . :point_down:

http://www.livemaguk.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/01/Trolling-and-cyber-bullying.gif

3 Likes

@Marsen is a Robotics Engineer that has built a whole battery to power his house, is a valuable member of the community, and someone you can call up for a chat if you had a question about anything battery related. He has made several batteries for people here in Perth that are unmatched in quality.

And your qualifications are @maker?..

7 Likes

I would just like to note the temperature of 99 degrees C after a 20A discharge :smiley: but 20A peaks are definitelly not an issue here. @maker mate, i work with 18650’s. we make and test modules, I understand the wishing for safety, but I honestly dont see the reason, or rather your argument, on why these cells are bad for such a use case which is clearly with in their capabilities according to numerous tests

I’m so sad I missed this guy and his salty snatch :joy:

This forum is composed of thousands of builds of “real world” experience from people of all walks of life. Including professionals in all fields.

Coming on here and squatting your vagina straight down into the sand in your very first post is likely going to see you leaving real soon.

4 Likes

The remote explicitly says it’s motor current? Battery current is completely different from motor current at times unless you are driving at 100% duty cycle on the controller

Just curious

damn it i missed the drama again.

gona have to make my own drama. hmmm

• The Raptor 2 is slow

• Evolve carbon decks break or crack 100% of the times

• You will never be satisfied at 10s

• Hub motors are not the future

9 Likes

You need to read more before making statements like that, which is wrong BTW.

You are playing with fire my friend…:joy:

2 Likes

I agree, except hummie hubs are epic. I’ve never ridden another hub motor that I wouldn’t imeadiatly get rid off.

2 Likes

We’ll have to fight for that spot :smirk:

3 Likes

@maker May I give you a small advice… don’t fight with @b264 :joy: : No offence… I think you are a great guy :slight_smile:

That current draw is “motor amps” and it’s the positive half of a duty cycle. So you might have 80A for 2 microseconds and 0A for 7 microseconds and the remote will say 80A … but the “battery amps” here is 17.8A after the ESC filter capacitor

3 Likes

Stop with the common sense! He has the cheat codes to get into the secret level on the evolve remote!

5 Likes

i started down the trail of upgrading my evolve battery. but the esc is proprietary and questionable. and the motors aren’t that great. and people worry about the remote. ended up using my supercarve trucks, some gears, and the abec 107s.