Derek Maseuli has passed away(bigboytoys)

My condolences to your family. Derek will be missed.

5 Likes

RIP Derek. You will be missed.

4 Likes

My condolences goes out to you and your family. RIP Derek. You will be missed

4 Likes

Thanks for taking the time to come back to us. I’m on the other side of the continent but, even though, had a couple of chats with your son, you could immediately feel what everybody is writing, friendship, kindness and goodwill, he was not an average person, he was on top of that.

I’m sorry for your loss, he be missed and remembered around here.

4 Likes

Wow this is a huge hit to everyone here. He was revered here and helped many! I never had to meet him to know he was and is an amazing soul! May the memories of having him rest in peace. I hope the best for the family and if you could please accept the fund raisers that’s the least this community could do for your family. @BigBoyToys

4 Likes

If the Esk8 industry were to go big. Derek will forever be one of the biggest players listed in history as one of the biggest contributors who passed away doing what he loved. Condolence to him.

8 Likes

I never ‘met’ him but he inspired me so much, rest in peace.

4 Likes

Thank you Derek for being such an awesome guy in this little time you spent on this earth! You will live on in the hearts and minds of many. I wish your family and close friends lots of strength in this difficult time.

7 Likes

I am very sorry for your loss. I never got to met him nor did I know him very well but from his builds and all of this helpful comments that I have seen I know he was very passionate about this community and will be greatly missed.

6 Likes

Descansa en paz amigo

5 Likes

My condolences to the family.

4 Likes

I’m pretty new here. I checked my Activity page, and a majority of my replies and likes were directed to @bigboytoys. He has been extremely generous with his time and knowledge to total strangers including me. He’s even noticed my reply on a hub wheel for sale thread, and PMed me unsolicited and much appreciated advice. He’s been a big influence on how I think about this hobby. He will be missed.

8 Likes

I am speechless. My biggest condolences to the family!. Rest in peace brother !

Some memories of you :

5 Likes

RIP builder

3 Likes

I will miss you Derek, you was such a nice and smart guy.

My condolences to the family.

7 Likes

Damn Derek. You were one of the best friends I ever had. Always down to ride boards whenever. So many good memories from the short period of time I got to know you. Over a hundred miles of riding and i always looked forward to the next ride. Enjoyed your positivity and general joy of life. Was looking forward to getting into ebikes and RC boats with you or any new hobby really. You got me like no one got me from one builder to another. R.I.P. Derek Maseuli I’ll miss you bro

29 Likes

Derek’s service was amazing. Having the privilege to sit with his family and friends was an experience that I’ll think of daily for the rest of my life. Thank you.

25 Likes

RIP Derek. :pensive: Will miss your posts

5 Likes

After seeing Derek in that great video footage racing down in L.A., where he came flying off the board in his t-shirt and then jumped back on and did the race moments later, I cant get it out of my mind wondering how something so extreme as death could happen to such a burly guy. I hope I’m not upsetting anyone by asking what happened!? was he not wearing his helmet or hit by a car? I cant believe he just fell off. People do that all the time. I know if he were here he would be a great help as always and tell us what happened and what we should be cautious of.

19 Likes

Rest in peace man,so sorry to hear this. Thoughts are with the family.

3 Likes