Derek Maseuli has passed away(bigboytoys)

I never had a chance to meet Derek in person but I always looked to his builds and what he was doing for inspiration. A true forerunner and a tragic loss to the scene.

My condolences to you and your family.

5 Likes

Please know how appreciated your son was to us.

I met Derek as a total stranger on the internet, and he showed me nothing but kindness and a willingness to share his knowledge and enthusiasm.

You have done a wonderful job as a mother for raising such an exemplary son. I am truly sorry for your loss. Our thoughts and prayers are with you.

11 Likes

I won’t be able to make it to the funeral, but you have my full condolences. He’s been a part of this scene for so long, that losing him means losing a big piece of who we are as a community.

Send my prayers, -Q

5 Likes

RIP Derek. You will be greatly missed, but definitely not forgotten.

4 Likes

We are so sorry for your loss of a great son. He was such a good friend and teacher to us. I tear up every time I ride now because this hobby is something so passionate to him and we were planning to build and ride together around this time. Thank you for your update Mrs. Maseuli, our thoughts and prayers are with you and your family.

6 Likes

Salute to the fallen… O7

6 Likes

My condolences… :cry:

5 Likes

My condolences, may he rest in peace.

It would be great if we could have some sort of fund raiser for the family, perhaps a t-shirt sale?

@Michaelinvegas I think you have some experience here

5 Likes

All my prayers with you Mrs Maseuli and with your family. As a community initiative (and with no objective to override any upcoming initiative), we have started to collect a money pot. If we have your approval/consent, we can continue the fundraiser or transfer the ownership to you so you can follow up on our initiative. I will proceed accordingly to your direction.

http://www.shareagift.com/Pages/20046

11 Likes

My sincere condoleances for your loss. Many thanks for reaching to us, I’m still at loss of words and can only pray for your family.

7 Likes

I only talked to him once in person but I could tell he was a solid man from the small exchange we had. Really sucks. He was the kind of guy I try to be so know that and I wish you the best.

6 Likes

RIP Derek, We are all poorer for your loss Mrs Maseuli.

6 Likes

My deepest condolences. RIP Derek.

5 Likes

Very sorry for your loss. Sending prayers for you and your family. Derek was very much a helpful part of this community.

6 Likes

My deepest sympathy to you and the rest of your family ma’am. I also want to express my sympathy for the members of this forum who know Derek personally. My thoughts and prayers are with you. That being said if there’s is someone who can help point me in the direction I’d like to make a monetary donation to help out if I can.

5 Likes

My condolences to you and your family. I was looking forward to meeting him in the future and I know he was a huge part of this community.

He will be greatly missed.

5 Likes

RIP Derek. You will be missed. I’m truly sorry for everyone’s loss.

6 Likes

Quite new to this forum but from just scrolling around, Derek among many others was a valuable member of this community. I’m sorry for your loss, I wish I was around earlier.

4 Likes

I am so sorry Maseuli family. Derek was a bright contribution to this community. He will be remembered.

I would love to be a part of a memorial ride in Derek’s honor. Less than 100 miles though :slight_smile:

4 Likes

Such sad news,rest in peace big man,shared similar interests…thank you for taking the time to let us know,my thoughts and prayers to you and the rest of Derek’s family,see you in the next life my dude.

5 Likes