Derek Maseuli has passed away(bigboytoys)

I am so sorry for your loss.

2 Likes

35 Likes

23 Likes

My sincere condolences. I wouldn’t be wrong saying that Derek was a valuable member of our community and just a nice person to have a discussion with. RIP.

2 Likes

WHAT THE FREAK!

THIS IS INSANE!

No freaking way! :cry:

Prayers and condolences to Derek and his family. :cry:

4 Likes

May His Soul Rest in Peace

Life is eternal, and love is immortal And death is only a boundary line, And a boundary line is nothing, Just the limit of our sight

13 Likes

With all the due respect, I would like to share a message from Drew and Chanel with all of you.

I want to thank all of you guys for the generous share a gift I have received on behalf of my brother. Also for the love and support that you guys have shown Derek this whole time before and after his passing. You guys are an amazing group of friends and individuals. Derek was truly able to connect with a lot of you guys on a different level and all of you guys have become family. So much so that he pulled me in to the E skate forums not wanting me to miss out on all the fun. I soon got to experience the full connection and passion that Derek shared with all of you for the love of E -skate board building, riding, etc. that we all share and the amazing people connected to the sport. Derek always knew the power of education, knowledge and communication. He thought it would be a good idea for me to be up-to-date on the ESkate forums tech talk and wanted me to catch up on all his posts and comments. I would soon find out that I was about 2000 posts read, 900 comments and 1 year late at least it felt like it with how deep the thread conversations were getting. I would eventually find out how seriously involved Derek would get in to the sport 2 years later when he built his 10th fully custom DIY board. And also broke and holds multiple records including but not limited to First person to complete 100 miles on a single charge, Fastest 100 meter 4 Wheel Drive top speed, Fastest 50 meter acceleration, Fastest 4 wheel drive lap time and I’m sure I’m forgetting a couple more. Derek loved to build things his whole life and was very good at it as well. The E-skate forums were the holy mecca of technical information and do it yourself custom builds. He fell in love and never stopped building. I want to personally thank everyone for the love and support you guys have shown me and my family during this hard time.

Thank you again, Drew Maseuli

60 Likes

Tishawn made a beautiful intro and video in the NYC Memorial ride http://youtu.be/dRXrj4twico

13 Likes

Oh man…:frowning: R.I.P. boys…My condolences go out to the families of Derek Maseuli and Randy Jensen…damn this is so sad I’m in tears…May God bless them both.

4 Likes

Im sorry to say he was not wearing his helmet. Survived the severe head injury and was fully oriented awake and conscious for 3 days after But died as the result of a medical error.

9 Likes