Custom. Affordable. Decks

Are you using birch in each of those 15 plies? It may help you to show some raw materials in use e.g the actual sheets of birch, the type of glues etc used

I noticed they seem to go across the deck instead of lengthways?

The price is very competitive, even for China

:rofl:

10char

Can you do a jet spud “copy”?

Haha I know it is, this deck is about 50/60cm long so it is a really small one. I wasn’t bothered about a concave or anything as I won’t be using it loads. I’ll be building a longer deck for another build soon

I used ply on that deck, yeah sure, I can provide photos of the adhesive and raw materials next time I build one. I’ll do a timelapse or something maybe.

Yeah the prices are very cheap, I finish my final exams soon so i have months off to do whatever I like, I won’t be turning over huge profit margins at all, I’m mainly doing it to help out people and because I enjoy woodwork.

1 Like

Yeah I can try apart from I don’t know how I would do these parts: image

1 Like

just buy a spud. if you promote counterfeiting and design theft than your promoting the reduction in quality and options.

17 Likes

Ah sorry bout that, I just haven’t seen a spud up for sale in awhile, sorry @Charster10 .

@Sender has a couple and I bet @psychotiller could come up with some if the demand was high enough.

3 Likes

Ah thanks! Once I decide on what I’m doing for a deck I’ll look into that!

1 Like

Taytos are nigh on the same and @JLabs quite possibly has them in stock for under $100.

7 Likes

Thanks! I’ll look into that

1 Like

Unless it’s made by Jet, it’s an unlicensed copy? Thinks

1 Like

Yeah. I mean it’s @ChrisChaput’s design.

Think JLabs got the spud remade under license or directly from Jet. Then stock ran dry hence the ‘Tayto’ slightly different yet…same but bit longer

No idea if Tayto is Jet sanctioned, probably different enough to not have to

no doubt many have bought and enjoyed it

1 Like

If I remember correctly Jey made the Spud 31 for @JLabs

1 Like

The Tayto is the same deck as the Spud, made by the same people. The Tayto is wayyyy better than the Spud, so I dont have them made anymore.

5 Likes

They do fit the same enclosures right? Do you have a bunch of taytos still in stock?

1 Like

It think the biggest difference is a usuable kicktail making the tayto 31” instead of 29”

2 Likes

That’s what I thought