RAPTOR 2 | Most Powerful Direct Drive Electric Skateboard | Kickstarter

Look a few comment up :wink:

1 Like

I have not yet, However, I am planning something bigā€¦ just waiting for a few things to fall into place.

1 Like

@onloop I have referred more people than what the cash is showing, how come?

I am not sure, maybe some people have security software that removes cookies. Some people might click on other peopleā€™s links after yours. Some people may have failed to process their orders.

If you have some more info of the specific cases it can be looked at.

1 Like

@onloop I have read everything posted and watched the videos, but I am not sure on one thingā€¦ The is default throttle setting on the raptor torque (amp) throttle or a speed throttle?

We are still deciding the best control methodā€¦ Current or possibly Watt. Either way it will be tuned with custom throttle curves for the ultimate start up silkiness with a very obvious underlying raw power that you will never find in other complete esk8s who have a tentative approach to performance.

There will also be several user presets that can be set via phone app or PC. Or just make your own preset to suit your style.

People should always remember that the Raptor 2 motor controller platform is built on open source software that can be modded to your hearts content.

2 Likes

These look wicked. Will you be selling mechanical sets. As in just the hubs, front wheels and trucks.

1 Like

@onloop Youā€™ve got a winner with these motors, I would also like a mechanical set, with motors and trucks :heart_eyes:

22 Likes

those carrying handles are a cool idea, might do that with my eventual board by cutting divots in either side of the deck and printing some handles to bolt in

I like the new bottom plate design!

Are these already finished designs? Damn the Raptor 2 is sexy!

1 Like

However Iā€™d love to see the tires to stick out a little bit more with a wider truck

4 Likes

Wellā€¦ these are still custom made precision trucks :wink:, and are the same width as regular truckā€¦ Itā€™s just a illusion since these motor are pure best :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

Awesome. Its nice to see progress picsā€¦ I believe this is the first complete pic of a raptor 2 youā€™ve postedā€¦ all of the others have been CGI or pre-production parts.

Do you have a pic of the side view? I would like to see the motors and wheels.

Correctā€¦ the outer edges are the same widthā€¦ although thinking about it, its going to be hard to transfer these trucks to other boardsā€¦ Think about it. Not only are the wheels large, but they come so close to the center that there will be no cutout for it on a normal board. This kind of sucks for me, as I have a dropdeck longboard that I would love to use this on. I think a dropdeck is ideal for an electric board as it gives you a ramp on the front and rear for acceleration and braking gripā€¦ so you can stop harder without flying off the board. lol.

But looking at the first real pics of itā€¦ I realize this isnt going to be possible unless I add pockets to the board.

wellā€¦ you might not be able to fit a droptrough but still could fit a dropdown or any deck that are top mount.

https://cdn1.bigcommerce.com/n-yp39j5/zad02/products/183/images/1192/Raptor-2-enertion-electric-skateboard-2__78436.1485836593.1000.1000.jpg?c=2

3 Likes

@onloop looks great, love how stealthy it is! Question though, will there be anyway for the rider to determine the battery level while on the board? Or will the rider need to get off to check the levels? Thanks in advance!

To create a better seal against liquid ingress we have positioned the LCD on the roadside with the other peripherals. Much easier to seal when there are less holes. Bit more stealthy too.

There are also some really nice apps out now that have very nice data for range & battery level etc. If possible we would like to include a BT module inside every raptor 2 so that the apps can be used.

3 Likes