RAPTOR 2 | Most Powerful Direct Drive Electric Skateboard | Kickstarter

Booger freezing cold

I just checked the video, the temp is off by about 15 degrees C, the temperature was -15degC. Guess the sensor is not linear at those temps

In your acceleration video, how much much faster were you able to go after the video cut out? Basically asking top speed in extreme temperatures.

I went up to what like felt under 40km-h, but i would like to have gps data to back that. Even at that speed it did not feel comfortable (safe) with all the rocks and salt on the streets

On the bench top speed in foc was 41km-h, in bldc was 45km-h. Might suggest to @onloop to up the kv a bit, these guys have plenty of torque. I was fully braced for the acceleration and still slightly lost balance.

The dyno should be in in the next couple of weeks, that will set a good bench mark

5 Likes

Wow that looked amazing! Are the motors going to be developed by enertion or are they going to use the motors from someone else? This is the first time I see a hub motor accelerating as fast as a belt driven system

@onloop designed them from the ground up

These motors are unique to enertion.

Are you going to offer a softer duro wheel? I’d like a 75A to go over infinite bad roads on my country.

They will be 75a.

1 Like

That’s awesome can’t wait to get my board.

I wonder what number of backer am I. I’ll be nice to have a board number for each backer.

Great job!

1 Like

hm, that acceleration looked pretty impressive, I bet I could easily get away with just one of these in my flat area :hushed:

and 75A 90mm hmz, sounds like a great package. waiting for the day these will become available without a board-bundle :yum:

2 Likes

Just buy 1 and change the deck.

Great video and love to see the app video high five These are the kind of uses I was hoping to see, because now, I can tell by looking at the video that the battery (assuming its the space cell) sagged from 40 volts down to 30 volts under acceleration, and that this is the kind of sag I talked about and was concerned about before. I don’t want to start any arguments about that again. Just pointing out it’s awesome to see my app getting used :stuck_out_tongue:

btw, the temp is wrong because it’s a small error in the conversion fro F to C. I have fixed it, but I need to fully check everything works before I upload the new version that fixes some bugs and adds some new features also.

@evoheyax Yes well deserved high five :pray:

The pack i was using is slapped together 10S3P with used makita drill cells. Not the best example, but wanted to share the excitement.

So i think it is safe to assume that the acceleration will be better with a proper battery pack.

Thanks for testing and posting, hope you didn’t need to use that drill lol!!

Raptor2 looking interesting, glad I ordered one too!

A different angle

9 Likes

Are you going to sell those urethane wheels anytime soon ?

1 Like

@onloop Looking nice. They do seem to have some serious power. Whats the width of the front and the back wheels (i.e contact patch)?

78mm rear wheel 52mm front. he put pictures on it in the thread, about 30 days ago. http://esk8content.nyc3.digitaloceanspaces.com/uploads/db2454/optimized/3X/f/1/f1c1350a173702569cf98d9714ec16534b56f4f4_1_690x367.png

http://esk8content.nyc3.digitaloceanspaces.com/uploads/db2454/original/3X/4/4/443bb2018b182fab29db64d0710d3d0bd15c07a1.jpeg

Quick Update About Earning Cash!

If you have not already signed up to earn cash, go here

We have $5460 in commission waiting to be paid!

Plenty more cash available! So start talking about the Raptor 2

Have you made any videos of these in use? If these perform half as good as they look then god damn sir you have made one hell of product. :heart_eyes: