Project kai/ diy dragon deck/ carvon dual hub motors trucks/ space battery/ dual vesc/ nunchuck

Yeah my drv8302 is melted

Good luck man, I know it sucks but things especially don’t seem to be going your way :sob: :frowning:

That sucks @kai…Was it a bullet junction or did a wire come unsoldered? I’ll certainly be hot glueing mine anywhere and everywhere I can after seeing this.

Hello @kai

Thank you for your order! You can send that unit to me, it should be salvageable. At worst we can swap your good components over to a fresh PCB and deduct the cost of the components saved towards a “bare bones” VESC

OllinBoardCo. PO Box 3391 Truth or Consequences, NM 87901

Ok thanks chaka. May be a bit before o send it so i will contact you about it later. Thanks cmatson t.t @psychotiller yeah all three seemed to be loose from the connectors. I think 2 came completely out. I just did a crappy job on the individual connector shrink wrap before shrink wrapping all three wires together. The other motor wires seem solid. Learning experience though… my first build. I did get it up to 25mph according to gps before the wires came loose! I then decided i needed to change my bushings.

What current limiting do you have set in the vesc?

I assume those hubs ask for lots of AMPS. This could be causing major voltage sag and then the VESC (or space cell) is shutting down because of low voltage.

You may want to limit motor current a bit more.

Check this:

1 Like

It wasnt set right. I set it to 30 amps on both and my motor wires shorted my vesc. I will update on the battery when i am up and running again. Thanks for the help

ming if I ask you how does this fabric transfer work? Did you bought a fabric with a drawling and transferred it to the wood? or did you glue it to the board? edit: never mind, got it, applied the fabric and them fiber glass on top of it…

Yeah. I used west system 105 resin and the 207 hardener. The 207 dries super clear so ideal for something like this but takes a full week for full cure. You dont need fiber glass. I added it to increase strength. All you need ti do is add resin to sanded wood. Put fabric on… stretch fabric flat over board and add more resin to saturate. Add fiberglass over that while it is still wet if you want to add more protection or decrease flex.

Hey chaka. How far behind are you guys on vesc production? You guys send email conformation when it sends?

We do! Sometimes they end up in your spam folder. Give me your order number and I will let you know where you are at in line.

Edit: I found your order. You are included it he current batch of builds. We should have it have it the post on Monday. If you want to bring the other vesc to life send it to:

Ollin Board Company PO Box 1340 Truth or Consequences, NM 87901

Ok thanks chaka. Not sure this vesc i burnt is worth saving. I tried replacing the chip myself and ruined it lol. Worth the experience for me though. Now i know. I will just order 2 new ones when i start my next build later in the year.

Don’t throw it away, you can use the mosfets to make a few anti-spark switches.

1 Like

Back up and running again with one of chakas vesc and one enertion. Adjusted my spacecell settings and it is draining to about 24% before dying now. I still only get about 8 or 9 miles though. But i do go fast haha. I will get a bigger battery next time. I saw that post about chaka and he always answered my emails and msgs for the record. My vesc was a little late due to it being christmas time but almost everything i ordered was late from 3 different people. They all kept me in the loop so it was all good for me. So lets go ride florida?

I’m in. I think @longhairedboy knows some sweet spots in Orlando, which kinda seems like the best middle city for all of us to meet at.

1 Like

More trails than you can throw your watt hours at. I would love to meet up with you guys and skate soon. Saturday mornings are the best.

@kai Do you mind sharing your before and after setting or listing the changes you made? I’m trying to gain a better understanding in this area. If you don’t have your setting handy simply sharing the logic would be helpful. Nice looking build BTW.

I just set battery cut off on vesc to zero since the bms will shut the battery off when it hits 20%

1 Like

Sat wont work for me since i work every sat. Off sunday and monday. @longhairedboy @cmatson

I can probably make a Sunday work depending on which weekend because my wife works some Sundays but not all of them. And if i have enough notice i can probably take a Monday off.

Lets try to set a date. I’ll find out which Sundays my wife is working between now and the end of March and post some options.