Project kai/ diy dragon deck/ carvon dual hub motors trucks/ space battery/ dual vesc/ nunchuck

cool. thanks guys. so hows is your board coming along @sgaana ? guess the weather would prevent you from riding anyways right? you are in canada? @elkick how is the foc set up on your board going? way more quiet? I will bug you a lot trying to figure out my settings =P sorry in advance XD

FOC is really exciting! Can’t hear the motors anymore while driving. Just updated from 2.3 to 2.4 and adjusted the KI value in the advanced tab (on the speed side of it) to 0.0150, works great in cruise mode also.

Downside is, people are scared when you’re approaching them, since they only hear the board. Need a horn now! :joy:

1 Like

I need to buy the bullet connectors? The carvons dont come with it right?

Yes, they come without. I could send you some for free if you need them.

Thanks man. But from germany would take to long. I got a hobby store a few miles from my house and i am sure they have some.

Will solder remote receiver this weekend heat shrink both VESC etc… Then try to power up. Will update my thread once all these are done. Is rainy season here, so will have to find some parkade to do testing

Just a note… when i removed the shrink wrap on one of my vesc xt60 connectors half of the copper strands on one of the wires was cut off and not connected to the xt60 probably due to a bad wire stripping job. I don’t think it would cause much of an issue but glad i found it And fixed it.

1 Like

So… i know running my transmitter so close to the vesc is a bad thing and it will affect my singal right? I just dont have room for it any where else. Not sure what to do

At the range we are working with you are unlikely to ever have proximity issues with a receiver even if you were to hot glue it directly to the VESC.

2 Likes

okay, thanks for that info chaka. appreciate it.

So my carvons didnt come today… tracking says they haven’t left knoxville since 12am mon. Slim chance they will arrive before christmas. :frowning:

1 Like

That sucks man, I know what it’s like when the suspense is killing you! That was basically me on my last build waiting 2 months for a VESC

Ya it does since i ordered them oct 14. Sucks

Don’t lose hope. Mine arrived two days after it was shipped.

Got to love usps haha

scratches… booo and one of my motor housings too

3 Likes

Done for now till i decide what controller i want since my nyko didnt work. Got a crappy rc car one for now.

Uploading… merry christmas everyone … sweating my ass off down here in fl

7 Likes

looks sweet man!

Love the black/yellow combo on both the hubz and enclosure

1 Like

looking good there… what was it about the Nyko that didn’t work?

couldnt get it to connect at all. i got a used one so i think it may have been busted. it was a different style nyko then the one everyone else has so that might have been it as well. i had a feeling it was broken when i first messed with it though. i will look for another one after christmas and if i cant get that one to work i may just get the new enertion remote or a badwolf from chaka. I didnt think i would like a trigger but i honestly like it. need to upgrade my bushings as well.

1 Like

Wow. That is one nice build. It’s so sleeeeeeeeeeek. :heart_eyes:

1 Like