Worlds first stabilised skateboard truck | Anti Speed Wobble Tech

I really love skateboard innovation, this is a really cool concept, i think it is like an oil dampened / bushing-less skate truck.

It might be from the inventors of brakeboard truck… not confirmed

it looks awesome too.

LINK TO VIDEO ON THEIR FACEBOOK PAGE

5 Likes

Movement on deck,

2 Likes

Looks similar to the Roya Hybrids. Sexy precision components, but heavy?!

Check out Wanderer’s thread “heavyweight” as he uses these for hub setup.

Watched the video on FB “striking” - WOW. Definitely not like any bushing truck! That’s damn cool. I bet it takes some getting used to as it doesn’t look to auto-center and stays at whatever angle it’s leaned until you lean it back. That would be an adjustment to get used to.

That is pretty creative!!

Wonder about how adjustable it could be. Seems that if it is just using a choke of sorts to restrict oil flow, than you could have it wide open and have nice smooth carving truck, or pinched right off for some serious speed. If you could do all that with a simple adjustment of a screw…that would be pretty sweet!

mind blown. The lack of snap-to-center though is tough, but i suppose it would just take some getting used to. I would definitely have to ride on them before buying.

Woah. What happens if you spot a sudden pothole? Seems like it would lock you out of a sudden avoidance maneuver!

Thats pretty cool.

Could be upgraded to some sort of electric stability control or servo controlled steering so a rider could steer it without being on the deck.

Would be awesome if you could instruct your board to go home and charge itself.

2 Likes

It looks like motorcycle tech to me. A gpr steering stabilizer comes to mind. I always wondered when somebody was going to do this. It will work. My guess though is you’d only want it on your back truck.

3 Likes

Would front vs back really matter? Assuming you’re running a torsionally stiff deck like most high speed esk8’s out there wouldn’t the front truck vs rear truck movement be the same?

Although I could see split angles affecting this greatly, not sure of the physics behind it. My intuition would be to have these trucks on front and rear.

EDIT: oopsies I didn’t mean to ressurect a 3 year old thread. Did these go anywhere?

I got here from reading this very useful thread.

2 Likes

U can check what mountainboards use. Motorcycle steering dampers.

Yeah im having issues with speed wobbles on my new board i just got for my first build…it doesnt hold in my carves and gets going fast and before i know it its wobbling and im bailing. Will hub motor systems have any advantage over belt drives when it comes to stability and or braking?

Stability would mostly be rider’s abilities and trucks set up, but as for braking, belts generally have better brakes and brings you to a full stop quicker

2 Likes

While we are resurrecting old threads… To answer your question front vs rear mattering? Yes. a huge YES.

I thought along the same train of thought as you originally, so I tried a motorcycle steering damper on the front of my board… I thought it should theoretically be okay- boy was I wrong. It felt ‘stable’ in the most uncontrollable, unstable way.

So I tried the same damper on the rear, and it felt like there was no way I could lose control from that point… It was so stable and satisfying.

I wouldn’t want a damper on the front ever… Or if I did, at least half or less damping. All your agility, quick steering comes from the front. Generally wobbles oscillate from the rear, which is the basis of why people dewedge rears and wedge fronts- provide turnability with stability in the rear.

In my experience, dampen the rear and leave the rest be.

4 Likes

That’s incredible, def curious as to how it would effect the ride

1 Like