Why does the enertion raptor deck have a kicktail?

I removed the word idiots from my first post…

a tongue in cheek comment that is clearly beyond some readers ability to comprehend…

I hope everyone can sleep better at night…

3 Likes

My opinion involving kick tail is the same opinion I come to with good features of any other deck: it’s functional. To me, any deck that you choose must have all functions that the rider is looking for. My build for example, had a curved deck with no kicktail, because I like flexibility but I don’t think that where I live has enough tight corners to warrant a kicktail. However I would also like to bring up features of the raptor in particular. Although it isn’t what I used, I do believe that the raptor deck is by far the most functional deck for electric boards when it comes to DIY or market for the following reasons:

1. In-board electronics housing 1.5) housing doesn’t only work with enertion electronics
  2. carbon fiber build = stiff = doesn’t damage electronics because it doesn’t flex too much
  3. handle for simple portability
  4. Kicktail for tricks and easy turning on tight corners

And personally, I think that the carbon fiber deck + the beautiful enertion blue looks incredible

2 Likes

bump

Holy Trampa!, I did today some test runs on test-shape for various planned builds, and the kicktail was INCREDIBLE. Never ridden one before, I really didn’t think that to be That functional and easy, altho wheel bite is definitely an issue if you like lower deck height and have big 90mm hub motors or so

DSC_0269 DSC_0270

I’m really tempted to find a compromise here with the long almost drop-though deck one

The kick-tail tho was… I dunno - didn’t work at all, imho

Just going to casually bump a 3 year old thread for that?

For the sake of archive, no? I have always loved this feature, unlike reddit where you have 180-day period before the thread locks in… especially bad in ‘science’ threads

It really came to my surprise how easy the kick-tail is, I just want to make that point<:P

1 Like