Why does the enertion raptor deck have a kicktail?

I like kicktails!:ok_hand: But the Raptor doesn’t hit my taste.

biggest issue for me is the enertion blue all over the place, not very fond about that - still waiting for the day when there will be custom anodizing colors.

the board itself looks really bad in the product pictures because its 100% rendered - in real life that board makes a pretty good impression imo. had my “huh?!” moment when I watched jacobs hub motor video - thought the carbon deck looked really good there.

This is not a render. Actual product photos

https://cdn1.bigcommerce.com/n-yp39j5/zad02/products/154/images/797/Dual_drive_carbon_fiber_electric_skateboa10162.1448674327.1000.1000.jpg?c=2rd_layout__

1 Like

He’s probably talking about these photos

http://cdn1.bigcommerce.com/n-yp39j5/zad02/product_images/uploaded_images/enertion-carbon-fiber-electric-skateboard-deck-all-in-one-1.jpg?t=1434680133

http://cdn1.bigcommerce.com/n-yp39j5/zad02/product_images/uploaded_images/enertion-carbon-fiber-electric-skateboard-deck-all-in-one-3.jpg?t=1434680183

My Raptor gets compliments CONSTANTLY. You all can bitch and moan about the Enertion Blue all you want, but others are into the carbon-and-blue look. It’s sort of to the point where I wish folks would just leave me the hell alone as I get where I’m going on this damn widowmaker…

… and yes, I’m a fan of the kicktail, even though i still suck at using it.

1 Like

To me, the real question is why the fuck major manufacturers don’t even offer a kicktail version as a deck option. If I were dropping $1,000+ for a board, not having a kicktail option would be a deal killer for me. Not being able to pop the nose up to go over a crack or uneven pavement, or easily change direction without having to pick up the board seems like a major handicap for getting around town. With that said, I do have a drop deck with no kicktail for my second board, but I run 97mm wheels and ride it mostly in places that I know have smooth pavement.

@onloop @Jinra yea, meant the rendered deck pictures, not the raptor product photos. there was a long time where the rendered pictures were the only thing that I ever saw of the carbon deck. first time i saw the board for real were jacobs videos!

1 Like

Fan of kicktail. Not fan of Enertion’s board design. It looks really geeky and uncool, IMHO. Way prefer LHBs Scarlet design. It’s beautiful.

My favourite deck design has got to be the Landyachtz Tomahawk though. I base my boards that I roll myself on that.

1 Like

I ride this. Kick tails for days.

1 Like

Thanks… your insights make this forum so much better.

P.S. please try to keep it on topic… the hate thread is somewhere else… this is about kicktails.

3 Likes

Everyone has their own opinion @onloop. No need to be sarcastic. For everyone that doesn’t like your board 10 others will. I am always getting conpliments from others. I love the deck and the colour. Now back to topic.

@makepeace just admit your still dark on Enertion and any chance you can diss you will. Do it in the hate thread or your own threads not in this one.

4 Likes

Excuse me, but I believe my post was pretty much perfectly on topic. The OP mentioned about how other people think Enertion’s board is ugly and I was just adding my opinion, including my opinion on kicktails.

@Dedbny, my post has nothing to do with my run in with Enertion of a couple of weeks back, although I can understand how it appears like that. I was really just expressing my opinion of a deck design on an open forum.

Anyway, done now. Not looking to get in to a fight. Back to the topic.

Kicktails are awesome.

1 Like

Where is it ? I’d like to add my opinion about the fact that you consider anybody who doesn’t like your products an idiot.

3 Likes

Lots of people (idiots) think the Raptor Deck is ugly!

Seems I’m also an idiot on this “Raptor Design Scale”, even if I really like the kicktail.

No offense here, at least not against any people. Raptor just has its own, unique, natural duck-billed beaver-tailed Australian design, like:

Remember: even God has a sense of humor. Just look at Platypus. PS: We sincerely apologize to all Raptor enthusiasts out there who are offended by that thoughtless comment about the Platypi. (~View Askew)

R, J.

remember to criticize ideas, not people (FAQ@eSk8)

12 Likes

Hahaha! My thoughts exactly. Second no offence to enthusiasts, nor the designer.

Everyone should be able to say what they like and dislike. Even about the raptor :wink: Though I must add it would be awesome to add a why, any kind of explanation. There is no reasonable why. You can straight out say it reminds you of a beaver and damn men after seeing this, my unciousness must have added that picture to my picture of the Raptor! Adding a why makes the comment more fun to read, creating a story and maybe allows others to get a good picture of the commenters picture about the product. Dont forget guys, everyone experiences everything differently and maybe we all come to a point where we have a common kind of picture of the raptor, where as we can even give constructive feedback to how we would like it more and why. Still everyone will see and judge it differently. :sunny:

Hahahaha i love the design of the raptor but this is pretty spot on :joy:

Also @kovjanos, you may have not been intending offence against any people, but I’m pretty sure you’ve offended some poor innocent platypuses out there by comparing their charming aesthetic to the Enertion Raptors’. :joy:

1 Like

Experienced my first non-kick tail board today. Felt like something was missing because I’ve never not had a kicktail (on non-powered boards). But hey, the platform felt really stable for carving. Isn’t that obvious though? Maneuvering on and off gutters/ drives/ footpaths/ tricks/ board pick up= kicktail. Carving hard or downhill= less of an attraction, arguably less stable. Personally, I think my own build will have a kicktail for inner city riding. I’m amused how on here you are either 100% right, or you are an idiot. Simple arguments for simple people I guess. Also think it’s amusing you can compare and discuss anything, as long as it’s on the party line. A common theme starts to form over repeated threads and eventually people will call bullshit on bias moderation. All threads deviate slightly from the main topic, it’s call discussion. This hit me when another thread was suddenly told it can’t mention the Raptor only after the board/ brand actually delivered. WTF. Why not? Why not before? Why wouldn’t people compare design aspects if they want. Most of us are interested in all the boards/ styles so it’s natural. Some people will love a design, some people wont. Diverse views are better than a forum full of sycophants. Maybe this forum can’t work out if it’s the owners personal business marketing tool or if it’s an open e-skate forum. If this was advertised as the Enertion forum, I’d fully understand. But if you want to leverage an ‘all brands/ views’ forum/ movement, and other third party open discussion platforms like youtube and reddit to pump a message, it needs to be transparent and consistent or it just isn’t convincing to the people who hang around long enough to view more than one thread. It’ll undermine and blur the actual natural strengths of the product and the forum. And I’m someone who thinks the Raptor looks awesome and enjoys the vlogs. Yeah I know “thanks for the hot business tips idiot”. I’ll show myself out of this thread.

1 Like

OMG, it’s a JOKE!!!..

try to lighten up a bit fellas… maybe i’ll have to ban myself again.

the entire OP is a parody, written in a comical tone… its a fictional story written for entertainment… nobody has ever said this >> “why don’t you make a cool looking deck that looks like all those other ones that all those other cool brands are using to make electric skateboard with”

I was trying to make fun of all the “hipster boosted boards fanboys” the people who have never ridden a skateboard until they got a boosted board & now they think that anything that doesn’t look like boosted boards must not be a good skateboard - they just don’t know why.

Come visit me in Australia sometime and you will eventually understand how Aussie humor works…

P.S. >>> the thread for people who are overly sensitive and can’t detect humor/sarcasm is somewhere else…

(note the last sentence is a joke)

1 Like