What's inside a boosted board - board dismantled

Thank you for your help quinnyt2015 i really appreciate it.

Damn. After looking at these pictures, it does not look like its worth $1500.

1 Like

How to brick a battery 101, smash it with a chisle.

You forget the engineering that went into designing those partsā€¦

3 Likes

I was just looking at those exact lofepo4 cells. 24 of them cost about 200 bucks. They use 50mm motors. The only thing thatā€™s special about the boosted as far as I can tell is they dialed in the esc and had some sleek enclosures made. They advertise their enclosure as being able to flex with the deck. In reality that means they used three screws on one side and it actually lifts off the surface of the board when it flexes. That sounds like it would rattle around a lot to me. I was going to buy one but that $1500 is going to make me one hell of a board.

That loaded setup would run you about $310 so thereā€™s that.

2 Likes

As far as I know, the housings donā€™t flex. The middle of the board flexes the most while the edges of the board donā€™t really flex at all.

Also Boosted only used 12 cells. Not sure if you know that already or not.

They definitely have the most polished board. Their design and research make for a great board. I would have bought one in a flash of I didnā€™t know about the fun of making my own. :grinning:

1 Like

How did you get the panel off and expose the batteries?

I tried removing all the screws but it seems sealed shut ā€¦

1 Like

Those look like capacitors to me.

There are screws on the bottom as well and there is a water sealing adhesive that holds it in place.

2 Likes

How is this not shorting out with all the exposed wire ends touching?:fearful:

Could be that the BMS deactivated the battery? (Might be wrong here XD)

2 Likes

You are probably right. Might be an e-switch BMS.

How do they get away with only using 12 batteries??

If you check out the datasheet, LiFePO4 batteries are actually really powerful.

That battery pack can discharge 70A continuously. There isnā€™t much voltage sag either.

2 Likes

does anyone know how to fix a water broken boosted board?? and what parts i need to order and replace to make it roll again?

At first you have to locate whatā€™s wrong. It can broken in so many ways.

my board is first blinking red and when i take 2 drills and spinning it for a while and then it goes over to blinkin green red and no ligth, but if i order a new battery and replace it with the old one do you think it will be fixed?

Boosted has to fix it. You cannot order spare Boosted parts. The repair will range from $600 to $800.

Hey does anyone what baseplate angle the boostedboards have 44 or 50?

Howzit guys Francois from South Africa Im an 43 year eskater /builder/sellerā€¦ from an old school skating background.pipe and streetā€¦but nothing beats eboarding whether street or mountain eboards they just the berries manā€¦and most fun ever ā€¦ Love the forum and the backup support u guys have for each other. Yea boosted cant compare to our builds with speed power and distanceā€¦ That said some guys still buy themā€¦here in Sa some guys have a handfull if that much ā€¦but boosted refuse to support us with partā€¦and really upsetting tonthose who paid a fortune expecting the best supportā€¦mmm notā€¦ Pls can some kind enought help my customer out with a dual plus v2 battery pack we will pay expensive pls so he can also join us althought its a boostedā€¦ .so sad actualy and u guys will feel the pain with me and him ā€¦his wife bought a boosted for him as present they confiscated it in Germany air port dangerous goods u knowā€¦ups then shiped it to Sa at $850 shipment cost onlyā€¦but remooved the batteryā€¦now one is assisting.not boostedā€¦ups is mess etcā€¦will ne much appreciated Cheers Fbi