What's inside a boosted board - board dismantled

pics? The way you describe your build gets my nipples hard.

6 Likes

I’m also interested in pics too, of your enclosure specifically.

tomorrow, i’ll take some good ones. its starting to get beat up, but its just as functional.

This shiny new box took all of about a day to get the crap beat out of it. lol

5 Likes

@onloop I agree but where are the sleek, reliable DIY hand controllers options? I think this is still a huge gap.

2 Likes

The wireless nunchuck/kama seems to work pretty well if you solder the receiver in rather than using a plug and play solution like the Wiiceiver

I can totally agree on this. While the nunchuck/kama solution is pretty bad ass, that directional stick (while I have yet to try it) does have me slightly worried. It does give some tactile feed back, but its not going to be nearly as strong as the boosted’s disc system.

The stick itself isnt ideal to ride with. It’s all about the perpetual steez button.

All you have to do is press that button and ride.

2 Likes

Man those are some tiny ass motors and battery!! LOL
I’m 6’2" and 240lbs…I would kill a Boosted board. SO glad I didn’t pop on one. After seeing the teardown…Not impressed at all. Wasn’t Boosted started by Stanford graduates? Nice try boys…

I think you have the wrong idea of how there drive train works. I’m 98kg 10kg less then you and I can climb and hill I have come across, bigger motors mean nothing if your gearing isn’t high enough.

The boosted uses a 1:3.5 where a raptor with bigger motors use a 1:2.6 it is a big difference.

I have pulled my boosted apart many times and I am very happy with the over all quality.

3 Likes

Evoheyax’ board is so funny! It reminds me of an Rc car with its headlights and working brake lights. It’s a brick! No curve at all. I rode it. I don’t know how he rides it so fast

Bellow is a photo of side boosted board could you tell me what these parts are called and what they do and how they function this would be very helpful.

1 Like

From the looks of it, this is the ESC. The big wires go to the motors. Underneath (from this angle, but on top from the top of the board) are the wires that come from the battery pack that sits on the other end of the board. In the video they pointed out those AA looking batteries, but I have no idea if that’s what they are, and much less what they’re supposed to do. Anyone else?

power the transmitter?

That is what I think aswell. A ubec takes up a bit of space.

Here are some guts if you are curious.

Thanks for the responses and would any one know if you watched the video what is that other circuit board thats stuck to the batteries and what dose it do for the board?

The circuit board ‘stuck’ to the batteries I would imagine is the BMS (battery management system), in charge of charging and discharging the batteries. Those ‘AA’ batteries are not batteries at all, they’re capacitors.

4 Likes

It looks like this.

1 Like

Yeah, without having a look at the schematic I am 99% that it’s just the BMS

2 Likes