What's inside a boosted board - board dismantled

These same idiots break apart a Tesla battery: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c0IHNrW0QOA

Wow not sure I would destroy such expensive board for that video :open_mouth:

Anyone have any idea what BMS or power switch B.B. uses?

They use their own BMS developed in house.

I see so BMS is a no go, what about the power switch? As a brand owner do you have any thoughts or ideas of what it is? It occurred to me that switches like Boosted are safer than Momentary or LED switches that can be hit with rocks and pebbles and turned of mid ride

What are you trying to do exactly? Repair a Boosted? I know who designed their BMS/Battery pack.

Nha I don’t care about the BMS , just the type of button.

Would be interested in salvaging a boosted standard range battery and enclosure for use in a diy board. I’m under the impression that BMS will need to be changed since it wont recognize the vesc, and the battery indicator wont work either. Any other pointers for making it suitable for a diy short range cruiser?

I don’t have a good understanding of their system but after dismantling my boosted v1 dual+ and playing around with it a little bit, the battery level indicator and power button is built into the bms itself. I’m trying to figure out if the two wire can system must be connected in order for the bms to function like a regular bms or not. But my bms is half way dead and gives me 1 long 3 fast flash so I can’t tell you with confidence at this time. Once I get my hands on a functioning boosted bms I’ll probably make a post about it, I want to try using the bms with the headway 38120 even though they’re bulky and heavy. ohh and if anyone has a dead boosted battery with the bms still intact that they’re willing to get rid of let me know. Thanks

1 Like

If you can make an equivalent board for 500 or even 600, please post a parts list because it means that I have wasted a lot of money! @evoheyax

This is just painful
could you imagine if you had one of these tesla batteries (or just a part of one) powering your e-board!!!

Wow for real? Can I send you a PM. I would love to know if there is a way to either fake the BB ESC communication or turn it off so you can run BB batteries on aftermarket DIY boards.

Hey! Would you be willing to help me contact him? I need help designing something : )

Thanks

Reviving this:

In process of trying to salvage a Boosted v1.

I found two bad cells and I would like to

• ditch this BMS
  • buy a cheap BMS just for charging
  • Replaced 2 of the A123 cells
  • Discharge directly to ESC

Charging only

Trying to determine what those 2 small wires HCANL (not the power/ground) are running from the battery back to the ESC. Anyone have an idea?

1 Like

I have a V2 Sd battery I’m not using anymore. Was working like a champ. Still has plenty life left. I can let go cheap if you’re interested. PM me.

Not my board but will let my friend know. This is a V1 board though. V2 Batt/bMS isn’t compatible is it?

Is there a way to dismantle the boosted board, and keep the deck intact? I want to a boosted mini with the hardware but would like to keep the loaded deck

Hi i have a (Boosted Board) with a rapid flashing red light which indicates a faulty battery, that refuses to charge. I tried riding the board around for over a hour, trying to boost the battery pack voltage, it didn’t work i then decided to open the battery pack tested all of the 12 cells and all where in average 3.10V/3.28V but 2 of them where 2.10V or so volts. I then charged the two lower cells up to 3.25V successfully, tried to charge the pack again and nothing same rapid blinking red light
 I then decided to take a closer look at the board and noticed that there was what looked to be some liquid damage which looked like it burned out the (C33) capacitor! which I have no clue what the value of that cap is so I can replace it, so my question is, can someone Measure there capacitor located at (C33) on the board and let me know the value ?

have u talked to boosted?

Yes talking to Boosted customer support would be the best option, however you voided the warrenty so that is no good lol. What model is it?