-Creality silicone glass bed

-metal extruder

I also printed a shelf for my tools

-Extruder knob

-Filiment guide

-Bulls eye fan shroud.

'All from thingiverse.

4 Likes

Most of the upgrades were free or very cheap. The most expensive upgrades i have are not necessary like the Octo print and all metal hot end but i fell in love with 3d printing and went all in. Its a dream machine for a person that loves to tinker.

6 Likes

Thanks! Can’t wait till I have enough!

1 Like

We need a thread on those who are willing to offer their 3D print services to others here with location and rough price estimates. 3D hub prices seems a bit steep these days. I remember them being much cheaper 4 years ago when I used them.

I had a tiny cheap “M3D” printer for little stuff before esk8. It didn’t have a heated bed and only used PLA. it eventually broke and I sold it for parts, never got another one. Still on the to-do list, but really wanted an enclosed system that I’ll leave/use in the garage

5 Likes

What metal extruded did you get?

I offer reasonable 3d printing services! Im able to print pretty much any material you need as well. Located in U.S., and I use makergear M2 with printbite+ bed. Its all neatly stored in a climate controlled locker on my boat. I ended up buying a printer because print hubs started to get so expensive and fell in love.

2 Likes

I use an Ultimaker 2 with a bondtech extruder. Very happy

In the past i had Formlabs1+ (very expensive materials also not suitable for useable parts) also a Ultimaker 2… But now i have a Anycubic i3 which is very good considering it costs under 300$.

IMG_20190407_191039

2 Likes

Prusa mk2s reliable af! :slight_smile:

3 Likes

image Ender 3, hidden in my closet with half the walls insulated so I can print ABS without issues. Photo is slightly out of date. Upgraded with auto bed leveling, sound dampeners on steppers, flashed firmware and Prusa magnetic print sheet. Also a Raspberry Pi running Octoprint so I can print over network.

3 Likes

Prusa i3 mk3

20190303_093125

6 Likes

2 x Creality CR-10s with Flexion, Prusa Mk3s w/MMU2.5 and CTC ff creator clone.

1 Like

How does a stepper sojnd dampener work?

Instead of the stepper being mounted directly against the metal frame your printer and resonating/amplifying the noise, the dampener separates your stepper with a rubbery part in between. image

1 Like

Ah I got some aswell. I call them vibration dameners. Same thing different name :grinning:

The all metal is going to give you problem with Bowden setup if you use retractions. It will jam.

I upgraded my ender 3 with $50 BGM+e3dv6 all metal direct drive setup(for printing nylon). Works like a charm. 0.2mm retractions. Less retractions make it really fast too. Direct drive is perfect for flexibles too because less filament between extruder and nozzle and also straight path.

2 Likes

If anyone else is interested, you need just 3 things for making a direct drive all metal upgrade.

I also designed a very compact bracket that keeps the nozzle almost at the old position. image image

3 Likes

I’ve been interested in moving to a direct drive system. Whenever you’re free, pm me whatever links you found useful for your setup please! Bookmarked these links :grin:

2 Likes

For what printer? Ender?

Same here on my cr10s - makes a night and day difference. Swap the driver chips out for TMC2130 too and you basically have a silent printer.

1 Like