What 3D printers do you use?

Yeah, ender 3

will it work with the crs10 pro? require a firmware update?

Yeah, will work exactly the same in cr-10. No firmware update. Just needs a different esteps. I changed it in the front console. The thermocouple provided is also the same.

1 Like

Don’t think there is any ideal do-it-all printer although some come close

You need direct drive for TPU really, a bowden is no good.

Best to have 2 or 3 printers, just like esk8 :grin:

I don’t have any experience with them but I believe there is now direct drive with a flex shaft now, light weight head speed of a Bowden but able to print tpu.

1 Like

20190428_163504

Got my octo print set up and BL touch installed and flashed the firm ware on the main board. No more constantly checking and adjusting bed level between prints.

3 Likes

I do notice a bit more noise from the printer. Nothing too crazy but must be from the z axis motors moving alot more often to compensate for the uneven surface.

What slicer and retraction settings are you using? Maybe it’s retracting a lot?

Cura allows control over very finite settings including not retracting if within N mm. Highly recommend, there is a plug-in which allows directly printing to

Sounds like Z hop, which is used sometimes during retracting… again configurable

1 Like

Relocated my maketgear m2 to a smaller locker so my climate and humidity control didn’t have to work as hard. Still need to seal the edges of the door and reroute the climate control tubes.

20190501_184058

1 Like