VESC-Project.com is online! Public VESC-Tool download

Yes I know.

I’m stating it doesn’t work well unsensored or with hall sensors. Encoders it holds perfectly…

If you want to change the parameter not in the GUI…just save the XML backup edit it and restore it…

Yes i know i could do that. But i Was hoping it was made easier in ackmaniack tool

1 Like

Ah…

Either way it still sucks unsensored or with hall sensors… Might as well not even use it unless you have encoders…

Anybody knows where i can find the release notes for the new vesc-tool/fw 0.89 ?? In other words, what is the difference between 0.88 and 0.89 ??

Thanks

What does the 2.18 firmware do in regards to the brakes? I’m about to upgrade, and I want it to feel like it does now. Ackmaniacs or stock?

Help >> VESC Tool changelog.

1 Like

Gotcha… Cool thanks :grinning:

Try stock with motor current max brake = battery current max regen, and you will have very nice and linear brakes.

1 Like

FOC me, FOC was easy to setup with the new wizards… Works on my FOCBOX’es. However, it seems to spin up in a weird way. When NOT going easy on the throttle, it spins the motor really slowly, and after a sec or so, I hammers to full speed. Why does it have that 1 sec of spinning really slow? Is it the Positive Ramping time? If so, I would definitely not call that a “ramp”. :stuck_out_tongue: The motors are 230Kv uncensored btw. I ran these tests on 4s.

Under strain or on the bench? You need load to figure it out.

Oh, okay. It was on the bench, so I’ll try with some load, thanks :slight_smile:

When reading the calculated Kv of the motor, I get this value: Capture

How do I get the actual Kv value?

First spin up the motors with arrow keys or remote. Then try again.

That worked. Thank you!

1 Like

It seems like I only get the correct value of kv when I type kv in the terminal WHILE giving full throttle. If i stop the motor and wait a bit, it changes the kv value. But when I give full throttle and type kv with a couple sec intervals, i get pretty consistent readings. Any idea why? And which value can I trust? Thanks :slight_smile:

u can calculate yourself too, u voltage reading and rpm reading

@Ackmaniac do you know why?

The motor needs to move for the kv detection because of the observer. Best is to spin up the motor, then release the key and while the motor slows down by itself you should execute the kv command.

2 Likes

When I let it slow down it became really inaccurate. I could only get consistent calculations while the motor was running :slight_smile:

same her i have focbox and facing same problem from the day i brought it