VESC-Project.com is online! Public VESC-Tool download

Maybe try using Esc tool instead?

How did you get it in Mac?

Please only use the latest VESC-Tool for the now. There has been an issue with the brake operation on over temperature (motor /ESC), which Benjamin just fixed on sunday. Only use the latest version VESC-Tool. If the fix has been implemented in project forks needs to be asked! MAC users should use the windows version on their MAC. Please use either Boot Camp, Parallels, VirtualBox, VMWare to get windows running.

Frank

1 Like

We know you as an Open Source defender knight. So you might want people to use Linux instead of Windows. :yum:

2 Likes

That would be the best option, sure. Is there a LINUX parallels desktop for MAC? I havenā€™t been using MAC stuff for agesā€¦

Paralells desktop is only a sfotware that allows you to build virtual machine. You can have different VM in the software library.

No need to use virtualization when native macOS build works perfectly fine. Updated to latest v0.92 https://github.com/rpasichnyk/vesc_tool/releases

5 Likes

Wireless firmware upgrades FTW!

Only reason Iā€™m still using Parallels+Ubuntu is because the Bluetooth support in your MacOS build seems a little untested. I can scan for my VESC (nrf51) and itā€™ll seemingly find it as it grabs the name of the BTLE device (ā€œVESC BLE UARTā€), but the address displayed alongside the name is all zeros instead of the usual string of hex. Appreciate this may not be at the top of your priorities.

Log messages from when I try to connect.

2018-04-25 21:21:19: VESCĀ® Tool 0.91 started
2018-04-25 21:21:19: Status: Not connected
2018-04-25 21:21:46: DEBUG (:0 ): BLE scan found device: ""
2018-04-25 21:21:46: DEBUG (:0 ): BLE scan found device: "VESC BLE UART"
2018-04-25 21:21:46: DEBUG (:0 ): BLE scan found device: "VESC BLE UART"
2018-04-25 21:22:11: DEBUG (:0 ): BLE scan finished
2018-04-25 21:22:56: WARNING (:0 ): construction with remote address is not supported!
2018-04-25 21:22:56: WARNING (:0 ): BLE error: QLowEnergyController::Error(UnknownRemoteDeviceError)

Itā€™d be nice to use a native MacOS version. Parallels doesnā€™t support the built in BTLE chip in Macs, so in order to use the VESC Tool I have to fire up the VM, and go hunting around for a tiny USB BTLE that does work within parallels.

Also note the debug messages state ā€œVESCĀ® Tool 0.91 startedā€ whereas the official (Ubuntu) build states ā€œVESCĀ® Tool 0.92 startedā€. Not sure if this is an issue or notā€¦ The application itself still seems to support FW 3.38.

Please use the 0.92 only! As stated earlier it is the one with all issues fixed.

1 Like

How do I know if I have the latest vesc tool ? I already have the program onto my laptop but donā€™t have internet where I live. Is it like a update for it ?

By version number. 0.92ā€¦

Under Help you will finde a changelog.

Hur installerade du det pƄ mac?

@Highwon https://github.com/rpasichnyk/vesc_tool/releases

2 Likes

Du Ƥr en legend som fixat det!!!

1 Like

Can anyone comment on using this VESC tool with TB VESC? Also, I have some 2.xx firmware version, canā€™t recall exactly. Can I go straight to the last FW version available?

Yes you can upgrade to lates FW. And you can use any HW 4 with the new VESC-Tool APP for Android. Firmwares for HW 4 are included.

2 Likes

Thank you! Can you please share the FW download link? I canā€™t find it on the vesc project website.

Included in VESC-Tool!

Frank

2 Likes

I did this three years ago with disconnecting to soon. This time it was using all the new software I think. Charge it to experience. lol wont be the last

Thank you for this!!!