VESC-Project.com is online! Public VESC-Tool download

Bare se at få den smidt i FOC inden onsdag :grin:

@DK-Odense Det var også planen, så det kunne testes / prøves :slight_smile: Men hvis det stadig er lidt beta. Gider jeg ikke ændre endnu, når jeg ved nuværende spiller for mig :slight_smile:

Try to raise the low duty current from 0.05 to 0.1

Good news : FW 3.34 is now commited on Github. :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Hi, does anyone have the PCB Gerber files for the VESC 4.12 they are willing to share with me? I’m trying to build my own vesc but cannot find any of the PCB files

Thanks.

https://oshpark.com/shared_projects/ztyE14yF

1 Like

www.vesc-project.com

Up your volts to 10 only for the o

So Guys is this new tool safe or should we stick to the old one? Will use focbox 9s in foc

Or use @Ackmaniac :wink:, found out that the brake are also more reliable

1 Like

I will check it out.

Can du describe the difference in the brake feel vesc-tool vs. acmaniacs ? I hate the way the brake feels at low rpm`s on the vesc-tool fw (handbrake thing)

In bldc tool and Ack firmware, the braking is progressive.

The standard vesc tool tried to use the full battery negative at all times.

Meaning as duty cycle goes down amps don’t increase to the equivalent wattage capable on motor min. meaning your brakes get weaker the slower you go.

Ie Bldc tool /ack esc tool Motor min -40 Battery min -15

At high rpms braking will be around 15amps, and as duty cycle decreases motor amp regen increases to create the same wattage/torque and progressively slow you down

Stock vesc tool Battery min -15 Doesn’t matter what your motor min is, it won’t go above -15 amps, so at low duty cycle you get weak brakes

What about the handbrake thing ?

Handbrake is magnetic flux linkage(position) holding at full stop.

Same between both.

Hmm okay… i don`t like it… but i guess i could get use to it.

Use an encoder instead of a hall sensor…

1 Like

No i mean the handbrake function, introduced in newer vesc-tool firmwares, wich kicks in between 1500 to 0 rpms

There is supposedly an error in the gui of the vesc tool that does not expose this parameter. Informed frank via this forum, but never received a reply. I use bldc which does not suffer from that issue for some reason.

Yeah exactly… i want to change the value… But i guess it`s the same thing in the Acmaniac fw then ?