VESC polarity components

My oven is using some code i found online for an arduino so not exactly sure… Yeah this board is SHOT o well learning expierence. Solder paste is chipquik smd291ax whatever that means its in like a syringe. It also says sn63/pb37 no clean t3 solder paste. Flux yes i did well I tried. Where i did the most damage was trying to straighten pins with my soldering iron. Alot of the issue was the pins being bent when i got the processor so it didnt set the processor correctly when i tried using the oven.

Check for the code, because if it operate for EU standard, that mean it made for LeadFree Soldering, and melting point are different than Leaded Soldering, like the one you use. Also, you may want to straighten the pin before soldering it. Finally, if you don’t use a stencil be careful with the amount of paste you put.

I did use a stencil i just dont have it down snug enough… Also what side would you solder first. I did the back side maybe i should do the front first.

You should do the side, with the MCU and DRV last, because you don’t want to expose them to too much heat.

And Use these with your stencil, for removing the excess

Ok so yeah i did it in the right order and i did use one of the but i think my stencil wasnt down tight enough so it pushed some solder paste under the stencil if that make sense… Idk hopefully in a week or two ill get a chance to give it another go.

For anyone interested in knowing this, this page helped me a lot: https://learn.sparkfun.com/tutorials/polarity

If you are building the arduino spot welder and don’t know what the markings mean, this also helps.

Successfully made a VESC today and flashed it. Ordered the bullet connectors and wire today so now just waiting on that. I was wondering if a regular 12v battery would work for testing or should i try hook up the 10s hoverboard battery right away? Also i plan on using an rc remote for now but does anyone know if the VESC will power the remote controls receiver? Thanks

Yes, it will power the receiver.

Sweet thank you… Do you think testing it with a 12v is the way to go or does it really matter?

Problems i hooked power to my vesc today and i got a blue light only i couldnt get it to cennect and now the blue light went out and does nothing??? what the heck could be the issue.