VESC Monitor Android App

VESC-Tool is the app designed by vedder himself. Official firmware so to say.

Ackmaniac is a version of the vesc tool by ackmaniac. Core elements are the same.

Unity is a simpler app also based off vesc tool. Only works with unity as the name suggests

I just went for my first commute after getting the app and board working and the app is crashing when I try to connect to the board. The app starts and it shows the bluetooth connections and when I click on the board, the app crashes. It looks like the app was updated to 1.123 in the last day or two. It was working great before this. Anyone else having issues? I am on android 9.

Will fix it today.

Released a new version, please give it a try. Sadly i donā€™t have android 9.

1 Like

It connects now without crashing. I will give it a test ride on my way home from work and let you know if there are any issues. Thanks for the quick fix.

@Ackmaniac

nico, iā€™d like to request an update to the monitor so it works with Unity.

i know itā€™s a time suck, so iā€™m ready to collect funds for your time.

if youā€™re up for it, let me know.

thanks!

2 Likes

Sure, can have a look if i find the time. Once you have a kid itā€™s hard to find some spare time for hobbies.

5 Likes

congratulations on being a dad!

i can see how thatā€™d be all consuming.

but thereā€™s a bunch of us whoā€™d rather use yours than the other monitors.

anything you can do would be great.

weā€™ll pool some money together too.

2 Likes

Unity monitor and fw like the old focbox would be sweet. Iā€™m down to donate as well.

Iā€™m still running your fw on mine and my friendā€™s boards.

1 Like

Just released a new version. Please try if you can see the data with the actual unity firmware.

4 Likes

Omg no way.

A bit late in the evening, will try first thing tomorrow.

Thank you!

1 Like

It verks! :slight_smile: Unity 23.44, Iā€™m getting data. Suh-weet! @thisguyhere

2 Likes

fukinā€™ stoked.

did you use the onboard bluetooth module that comes with unity, or plug a bt module into uart?

just sent @Ackmaniac some funny money for his troubles.

i encourage everyone else to do the same if youā€™re using esc monitor.

[email protected]

1 Like

I plugged a BT05 flashed to HM10 into the uart. Didnā€™t think to try other stuff. I usuall have a METR pro plugged into the UART.

1 Like

This is excellent, I will have to also try it with stock unity BLE module and reconfirm again that neither the Metr UART or METR unity chip swap interop works here sigh lol

1 Like

Thx a lot for the donation. Much appriciated. Will have a look if I can integrate the unity a bit better. Like seeing each motor individually.

3 Likes

@Ackmaniac hey there. Youā€™re the best person to answer this. Is there a way to see a mapping of the rides I do? I would like to go back to previous rides and see on the map where Iā€™ve been

Tried connecting to on-board BLE, no data. Also tried connecting to METR pro, no data.

1 Like

this, afaik, isnā€™t built into esc monitor but you could easily use another app to map your rides.

i use this one

produces something like this

https://forum./t/pictures-and-nothing-else/79/2302

2 Likes

I dont know how you got him out of retirementā€¦keep doing it. We need him