VESC Monitor Android App

Hi @Ackmaniac

I’m currently building a tool to look at the logs that your app saves (thanks a lot for the logs BTW!). There’s a “Power” column in the csv but I’m not sure what it is, can you tell me?

Thanks!

Should be watts.

1 Like

Thanks dude

I have the problem that the vesc monitor app „refreshes“ the connection every 5 sec’s :roll_eyes:. I open the app, connect to the BT module but it keeps disconnecting and then connecting again every 5 secs.

When using a BLE scanner the connection is stable.:man_shrugging:

Does anyone know what I can do or try to fix this?

Try turning off battery optimization for the app

Thx, haven’t read about that tipp before, but unfortunatelly it didn’t help.

Have you tried to unpair bt device, clear app data and start from scratch?

unpair?! My phone always says “pairing rejected” when I even try to pair^^ … after googling, I found this. rey8801: “Bluetooth Low Energy modules do not require you to connect it directly as a normal Bluetooth module. You only need to connect to it through the app that supports the feature.”

In the app it shows up, but as I said, it always reconnects after 5 sec’s.

Tried to clear app data but still the same problem.

What android version are you running? There was problem with 8+ and bt module needed to be software upgraded throu arduino.

I know, I searched around a while already, without success solving my problem. Im using android 5.1.1

I remember having the same problem, but Im not entirely sure how I solved it. What I did was reinstall app few dozen times restarting phone after every uninstall just to be sure and disabling app optimalization, making sure that all permissions were granted before opening freshly installed app, turning BT on phone on/off, playing with battery optimalization settings and so on. And just like that it started to work. I also flashed new firmware on hm10 module but I had 8+ android.

Thanks for your help! Im trying, but getting frustrated and loosing hope slowly.

I wanted it mostly to monitor my battery, is there any other app I can try or use with only the bluetooth module (without nrf)?

I know only this one, metr, and vesc-tool. But the last two uses nrf.

omg, Im so stupid… I checked the wiring so many times before connecting the hm10 to the vesc, that I got it mixed up in my head and thought it was right… I had tx -> tx and rx -> rx, instead of tx -> rx and rx -> tx

now everything works just fine :sweat_smile:

1 Like

Did anybody get the app working with the new trampa “wireless BLE bridge to VESC”?

The VESC app works perfectly and in this app, the dongle is shown, too. But when it’s connected to the dongle it shows “esc not connected”. Any suggestions?

Hi, I tried using a hm10 module, cross Tx, Rx connections, supply 5v, set UART and baud rate to 9600bps, but when i start the ESC monitor i can see the hm10 module, connect to it (red led stays on hm10) but no data is streamed and it says ‘ESC not connected’. I tried dozens of combinations but still no data is streamed to app. Any ideeas?

My fw is 3.53, does the app work with it ?

@Ackmaniac IMG-20190729-WA0000
Don’t see the throttle vs power x/y anymore? Also what the difference between those 4 modes?

I think I have it working, but just for my own information, can someone explain how/where the motor settings are stored? If I set up BLDC in the vesc tool and then write it to the vesc, they will be stored in the vesc. If I then set up FOC and write to the vesc, will both BLDC and FOC settings be stored in the vesc? Or, is the app storing these settings? Can you set up and switch between a sensored mode and non-sensored mode?

All of that is expained i first post. Except your last question. I don’t think you can, but I’m not 100% sure

@Ackmaniac I just have to give you some huge compliments Achmaniac. Thank you for your app. I haven´t tested it yet as I don´t have my first DIY finished but I love it already.

Somone can just briefly explain me the difference between the vesc-tool, ackmaniac and unity app?

Thanks guys <3