VESC Monitor Android App

great App Bro!! I just would to see an Evo shape … is there a way to change that?

Hi guys, I recently had some issues with the Ackmaniac android app not showing data / shows data periodically. So basically I was using adc+uart on my e-bike. I decided to use an arduino to convert the adc input to ppm input so I could change modes on the android app. This was prior to the 3.103 update which allowed mode change on adc. I accidentally swapped tx rx for 5v and gnd. Then when I swapped it back to the correct position, the android app stopped showing data. All I did was change to ppm+uart from adc+uart. Everything else was the same. The vesc worked fine, no issues with performance at all. The bluetooth data just didnt show. I changed a bluetooth module and got it to work for 5 minutes. Then it just stopped working again. I took it out for a ride and it worked, I could change modes and everything. Then it just stopped again. I thought that I could have damaged my vesc by my mistake of swapping tx rx with 5v and gnd. So I tried to solder jumper wires to pin 28/29 on the microcontroller on the vesc itself after reading about someone having same issues as me (intermittent connections) and having success connecting 28/29 directly to the bluetooth modules, bypassing the traces on the pcb of the vesc. I ended up fucking that up and that was the end of my vesc.

So I bought another one, and the same issue happened. I doubt it’s software since it’s intermittent, it’s not weak signal, I put my phone right next to the module and it still didn’t work. I doubt its hardware since I changed to a whole new vesc.

Whenever I unplug the vesc, the data suddenly shows up on the android app. Like for a split second it sends data before I unplug it completely. This is what shows up during the unplugging process. Screenshot_20190201-214201 I honestly don’t know what could be the problem, I reinstalled everything, factory resetting my phone as well, trying with another phone, same issue. If anyone could provide some insight into this I would be very thankful.

hello yours akmaniac app can this connect to a focbox unity? thank you

As far as i know only via additional HM-10 BLE module. I don’t have a UNITY myself but that’s what i heard.

2 Likes

I just tested and it not works I do not have the information but jarrive me to connect I must have the app akmaniac in the focbox unity or I can uses the one of enertion? Thank you for the quick reply

Hi, I am having problems with the android app. I have the new expensive BT module that works with all the apps. I am using ackmaniac firmware and I am able to connect via the ackmaniac esc tool but no data is displayed and when I click on add modes it will say “esc not connected” It is working all with the METR and PERIMETR app. no problem. Any suggestions?

Did you set the baud rate to 9600? If not then this is the reason.

Yeah I had it set to 115200 or something like that, other apps worked but to make sure I have set it to 9600 today and still the same.

You definitely need the value of 9600, other apps use different baud rates. When it doesn’t work with 9600 then you could try it with an older phone/android version as some people have troubles with the latest android fw and HM-10 clones.

1 Like

That’s why I bought the one that should have full support and should work with everything. Definitelly with ackmaniac. https://eskating.eu/product/bluetooth-uart-metr-pro-module-for-electric-skateboards-all-apps-os/ I miss the video recording overlay function, ackmaniac has it the best.

The baud rate is only for the communication from the vesc to the module. The app doesn’t care about the baudrate.

2 Likes

Ah interesting. So you advice to set it to 9600 because of the HM-10 BT module and it can be different for other modules if I understand it right.

Any thoughts why it wouldn’t show no data, though show the connection and say it’s connected? :confused:

No idea. Do you need to add a pin in the other apps?

I first pair the device via blutooth where I have to set the pin (written on the back of the module) then I enable my location, give all privileges to the app and then all the apps work, only ackmaniac esc tool acting as described.

My app doesn’t support to add a pin. There’s your problem.

Oh ok, nice to know, thank you. Does that mean it will not work or might in the future perhaps?

I guess the pin is a nice safety future but obviously… :slight_smile:

Maybe in the future. I guess you have a METR module because you said it is a expensive one. For my app you need the standard ones which are cheap. When i find the time i might have a look at the pin support but can’t guarantee that your module will work because i have no details about them.

eskating is selling your BT module ackmaniac specific so I thought the support will be in the expensive one they sell as well. Thanks for the info and thank you for you