VESC Monitor Android App

That’s true, but it doesn’t stop the notifications from continuing to pop-up… effectively stopping me from using anything else at the top of my screen.

Thing there is another option in to not bring them to the foreground at the same place where the bell option is.

Anyone managed to get this App working with an Enertion Unity? I have my fingers crossed for compatibility because of the derivation from Vesc.

I appreciate that there are ways of tackling Android’s treatment of rapid-fire notifications but I’m curious what the cause and solution might be for these newly introduced rapid-fire notifications. To be clear, this didn’t happen (to me, at least) before the app was updated.

The old notofications were the notifications of the old android before 8.0. But i saw that notifications don’t work at all on the new devices. So i switched to the new version which sadly fire these annoying alerts without adjustment. Need to see if i can get that fixed in the software. Bit once you adjusted it it is fine.

Have you had any issues with Android 8.0, Samsung Experience 9.0, being able to detect a bluetooth module at all?

I can’t seem to get my Galaxy s8 to detect my bluetooth module when it is connected to the vesc. I have a super old phone that seems to see it just fine, but when I use my actual phone, the module doesn’t show up.

It used to work fine for like 300 miles and now idk

That is anither issue with Android 8.0 and above. The old BLE clones don’t work anymore. There is a fix for that but you need to update the firmware with a arduino.

1 Like

Oh really? I have an arduino sitting around. I guess I could look that up on how to do it!

Here you can see how to. Looks more complicated then it is. https://forum.arduino.cc/index.php?topic=393655.0

1 Like

Awesome thanks so much! I will try that out, doesn’t look to hard at all. Last question, will your app work with the VESC Tool firmware? I’m not sure what version, I can check if necessary. Should be the one from whatever vesctool 0.87 had in it. Haven’t updated my vesc firmware at all recently because they are working fine and I have no reason to.

I’ve been using a canbus and slave/master set up between my focbox and vesc but I’m getting in the mail a second rc reciever so I can pair both vescs with the same remote so no need for master/slave. BUT I also have a Bluetooth module that can connect to only one vesc, it is great because I can change config on an app, but without the vescs talking via canbus, any change made in the App would only change the config on a the vesc it’s connected to. My question is, is the canbus ONLY good for master/slave setups? Or can I have both vescs cinnected via canbus, acting independently, yet still able to communicate any config changes through the App ?(since the canbus is connected)

hello, I instaled the modified vesc tool and updated the firmware. I have a real HM-10. The app sees the module and can connect to it. But it says esc is not connected. What did i do wrong?

I have been using your app easily for over a year now. But now it seems that the app doesn’t show my boards anymore. I have two boards and none are shown on my phone. I have android 8 and the hm-10 clone you suggested.

Did you update your smartphone to Android 8 since then? Because the HM-10 clones don’t work with Android 8. You need to update the firmware on the modules to work with it.

That is the case. Is there a new module I could buy, which supports Android 8, because I don’t have an arduino?

FYI, tested the app with a Unity, all seems to work. The only thing I noticed is that the motor current value is for only one motor, but I think that is how it is expected to work.

I would love to see motor temperature displayed and logged. Thanks for all your work on this.

2 Likes

Just released a new update which for the unity support which summarizes the data of both motors and shows it. So in case you are using a unity you should set 1 motor in the settings to see the correct data.

4 Likes

It works great. Im getting motor currents that make sense now.

@Ackmaniac dude, just took my board for my first ride and was pleasantly surprised that the app keeps record of all the data. You made a seriously great app. You are a gentleman and a scholar.

PS on another note, does anyone know how to (If possible) autosave the distance/location/time aspect of the ride? So each time I go for a ride it saves a map view of where I went? I know there are some apps for runners and stuff, but i wouldn’t be surprised if this app had it too.

1 Like

It saves those logs in a folder on your phone automatically and you can use something like VDLA to view the logs in a nice map with stats.

2 Likes