VESC Monitor Android App

No, no new Android version. Thanks for thinking on it, though. :slightly_smiling_face:

Does anyone else have any ideas why the app doesnā€™t work? Now it works, connects to the boards, but doesnā€™t show data other than zeros, even if I reboot. @Ackmaniac?

Hi, one question if possible. I now have the bluetooth module connecte to the slave VESC because I built a FireFly remote that needs the UART port too. I enable send over CAN ā€œ0ā€ in the app and I can change the setting eccā€¦ the only thing that doesnā€™t write on the master is the throttle/brake curve adjustments. I donā€™t remember whether it is suppose to do it now? Not a big deal because I use the TCP connection to fix it, but just out of curiosity. Thx!

It is important to deactivate ā€œSend status over CANā€ at the master. Please check that.

1 Like

You are totally right, it was on. I do not remember that I changed it. Now it works! Perfect, thanks!

Is there a reason the app shouldnā€™t work with vedders new nrf51 Bluetooth dongle firmware?

1 Like

No idea. Never gave it a try.

Iā€™ll report back.

1 Like

@ackmaniac PPM+UART on master only or on both vescā€™s if running dual?

Only for master :wink:

1 Like

yeah I just figured it out. IĀ“m an idiot :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

@ackmaniac

I canā€™t connect to raptor 2 anymore on Nokia 7 plus(android 8.1) can see device in bt settings but not in app?

My bluetooth module works only on the slave vesc. What could be the issues why itā€™s not working on my master? Connected to master it says ā€œno esc connectedā€ (Focboxes)

Did you set the same UART Baudrate? And did you choose PPM+UART as control mode.

Yes I did. But going to double check it now when I have the enclosure off. Una momento

Lol I had accidently pressed ā€œwrite motor configā€ instead of write app configā€¦ All good now

When I change a mode for dual setup, only master vesc is changed. Bluetooth module connected to masterā€¦ What am I doing wrong?

Iā€™m having issues connecting to my skateboard. I have a bluetooth module on my board but i donā€™t think the app is able to find it. Thereā€™s only a ā€œUnknown deviceā€ which i canā€™t connect to.

Am i using the wrong Bluetooth module? This is what i have: https://eskating.eu/product/bluetooth-uart-module-for-electric-skateboards-ios-android-metr-app/

From the picture, it looks like a clone perhaps? It might not work with Android 8.

This link gives a pretty good idea of the original and the clone. In the image on eskating.eu there is only one capacitor, I think that the HM-10ā€™s without the second are clones. but Iā€™m definitely no expert.

SInce I want to update my phone to Android 8ā€¦ Could you please link a correct module? Right now I am using a cheap HM10 clone, which is great!