VESC Monitor Android App

No it’s all allowed and GPS turned on.

Um, never mind. It just randomly started working. Thank you for the quick reply hahaha.

1 Like

No problem. Sometimes android acts strange. Issue is that each manufacturer has their own add-ons which can cause trouble.

2 Likes

Same thing happened to me on the first run. Rebooted the phone and now it works as it should.

@Ackmaniac can you define the throttle curve types? Me & @Sender are trying to figure it out. If you define these and the differences I would be grateful. thanks

exponential = (of an increase) becoming more and more rapid.
expo-natual = ???
natural = ???
polynomial = consisting of several terms
1 Like

Just have a look at the graph in the app or in the Ackmaniac-tool. You can see how the throttle curve changes. The X axis stands for the amount of throttle in percent and the y axis for the amount of power in percent.

1 Like

@Ackmaniac turns out my bluetooth module was fried :weary: . A new one arrived and worked flawlessly, I feel kinda stupid now. Anyways, thanks a lot! A donation is coming your way, the new update is amazing! :wink:

I made a post in the ESC Tool thread thinking the problem may stem from there, but after doing some troubleshooting, I think my issue stems from the app not changing control modes like it should be.

Regardless of control mode type, it always reverts to “Disabled”, with the control mode defaulting to what I originally flashed in ESC Tool, meaning I can’t change from Current to Current No Reverse or PID No Acceleration:

Screenshot_20180619-001402_ESC%20MonitorScreenshot_20180619-001415_ESC%20MonitorScreenshot_20180619-001338_Package%20installer

I discovered yesterday the new black and white screen by mistake. It looks great! However, it made the app crash instantly and now I’m stuck in a crash loop anytime I try to connect to my board… Hope it will come back to normal operation at the next update

Just restart your phone. Another user had the same issue and could fix it by that.

Yes, I’ve already tried without success… I guess it’s on my side though so I will just wait

Does the app crash or go back to the main screen?

No complete cash. The app can scan for the different devices but crashes instantly if I connect to my board.

Then your smartphne asks you to send the error report which you hopefully did.

No I didn’t I will do it as soon as possible

A few weeks ago I did my best to match remaining amp hours linearly with the discharge curve of my 25r cells under ~20A load (trying my best to account for ~3v sag that’s typical on my setup to never drop below 28v near 0%), and base percentages off of that. With the default curve, I’d drop to 50-60% relatively quick, always feel like I didn’t have much battery left, but always go a lot further than expected.

With these settings I’ve pretty much noticed a linear drop in percentage as I ride, that nearly matches my battery packs LCD perfectly- A nice added bonus. For anyone interested, let me know what you think:

Screenshot_20180620-194133_ESC%20Monitor

My esc monitor app stopped working over a month ago, was working with dual Vesc6 v3.31 for a few months then stopped possibly due to a mobile update. Esc montior version 1.110 connects to Bluetooth module but doesn’t talk with the Vesc6 ESC.

Cabling is correct as it was working before, no hardware changes. App is running on Android 7.1 Nexus 6. BTW also tried Nexus 7 6.01 same problem. Data and GPS tried baud rate 9600 and 115000.

Recently tried upgrading to Metr pro which works with their owned app but not with Esc monitor.

Rebooted the phone, cleared cache, re-installed and knocked my head against the wall for several hours. As one app works and not the other suggests an issue with the app.

When I open Esc montior and thumb over the motor setting this produces a message esc not connected.

Would be great to hear if someone has the solution.

Maybe try it with the latest firmware version. And check if you accidently enabled connect via CAN in the app. If yes then disable it and give it a try.