VESC Monitor Android App

Map is working now. Good job dude. I’ll give it a test run later after work. Thanks!!!

Yes map is working now. Maybe I am wrong but how many maps options do we have? Because of I long press on the map field I get the satellite one, then the same one with the name of the streets, then one that doesn’t work with white background and the last one with a blue background and the name of the street. I do not know whether we should have 3 options then they all work plus we have one white screen left. Or 5hey should be 4 and 1 doesn’t work. Not a big deal, I just wanted to let you know. Thanks!

The white one is the “drawing mode” or “artist mode”. It’s also usefull if you want to take a Screenshot to share it here but don’t want to show where you live exactly.

1 Like

Perfect! Thx man…

Just got a firmware update on my galaxy s-7 and can’t find my board on BT scan. It was visible and I was able to connect on an older version of the app I had on an old tablet.

Maybe you update to Oreo on your phone. Could you check it? With Oreo old clone HM-10 modules won’t work anymore. Here is when we talk about it and you can see how to update the firmware on your module. Otherwise I have some modules plug in that I can send it https://www.electric-skateboard.builders/t/esk8-flea-market-eu-ww-small-cheap-parts-hm-10-bluetooth-android-oreo-compatible-volt-meter-3dprinting/57463?u=rey8801

The HM-10 I got from BKB works great with my Oreo device. Maybe it came pre-loaded with compatible firmware?

How does it show up on your phone? I mean the name of the BLE module

I can’t remember since I renamed it, but it was “MLT-Bsomethingnumber” or something along those lines.

yes MLT_BT05 is a clone that usually wokrs. I also use that one with Oreo.

1 Like

Ah, nice, yep that’s it.

1 Like

I read so many forum on this modules tha now I cna recognize them by eyes :joy:

just one question, how did you change your bluetooth module name?

In the ackmaniac app, connect to your module, then go to settings and change board name. From then on when you connect it doesn’t show the module name, it will show the board name instead.

In my case it shows both the board name and the module name.

Edit

You got me curious now, I’ll have to check when I get home if mine does the same… I only remember seeing the board name in big bold red letters off the top of my head… Maybe I’m just not paying attention to detail :sunglasses:

Huh! Yeah pretty sure mine doesn’t do that… Hmmm

to answer your question you actually have to send an AT command to realyl change the name of the module. At least as far as I know.

I guess I’m the only one who is having issues as of right now. The app closes when I try to open the map, then every time after that it closes when I just select the board… I have a up to date galaxy S9+

Did you give the app all the permissions? And maybe you have GPS disabled which might cause the problem.