VESC Monitor Android App

Sure you are using the latest version, please have a look if there is a update available. And ignore the file that is in the main folder. After finishing the ride the file will be saved to the correct folder of today.

Can you elaborate on that a little bit more? How can I extend the range of the bluetooth connection?

If you are connected to the module via bluetooth, open the app “serial bluetooth terminal”, then select the bluetooth module in the devices tab under the hamburger menu. Then go back to the terminal selection and press the connect button next to the trash bin. Then you should see a constant flow of stuff. At the bottom of the screen enter AT+POWE3 press the little enter button that looks like an arrow and it should send the command over to the module. There are many more commands or queries that you can make as well. Search for AT commands HM-10 and you should be able to find some links to the commands.

Hopefully that will work for you.

2 Likes

I am connected, but I don´t see that and if I type in commands and send them, I don´t get an “answer”. Any idea what the problem could be?

Normally the devices are not configured to be programmed from the client side. So by default they only can be programmed when no client is connected. But they can be set to another mode where they also accept AT commands form the client. But for that you ned to connect to them via arduino anyway to give that commend. And once you have that sorted out you could configure them right away, so no need to configure them from client anymore.

That’s odd, mine would originally return a bunch of jiberish text when I sent a command, but I paired my phone to my garmin watch hoping to get notifications and now I’m getting the same thing… @Ackmaniac Could mine be different because it is an MLT-BT05? Also thanks for the killer app!

Just released a new Version 1.106 with some nice new features.

There is a new magic button in the main screen

When you press that one you come to a new screen

If you don’t like that screen you can go back to the previous by pressing the button on the bottom right again.

If you like it you will see that the data comes in a new dress with reduced and easier to consume data for the lazy user. At the same time your path will be tracked while you ride and be visible by a blue line on the map. you can change the map layout by a long press on the map and by that it switches to “satellite view”, then next to the “satellite view with street names” and next to the “drawing map” where you can try to paint pictures by riding around in the world. Just give it a try.

It extends the path every 10 meters. And if you want to drag the map around and don’t want to be disturbed by automatically going to your current position you can click the map once so that the map stays where you are. If you want to activate it again press the compass button on the top right of the map.

To change modes you need to go back to the previous screen and press the mode box. But i am open for ideas where to add that button at this screen.

This is the first roll out so please let me know if you have trouble.

If you like it Donations are always welcome. And if you hate it but still love to give donations then here is your chance.

15 Likes

Only thing I can thing of after the UI changes (which I love dude! Thanks!) is landscape for all. Thanks as always dude!!! :wink:

I use an old Galaxy S6 because none of my Oreo running phones work with my old modules. But it works because I have a ton of old android phones. This is why I want landscape dude. I use this app as my speedometer and everything else. :wink:

Love your work! I donated for your amazing progress. Not a huge issue but, For some reason on my google pixel 2XL battery outside board.

Oh need to fix that. But no time today. Does the map work for you. Seems that it only works on my device. There is always something.

Tested. It seems all fine except I can’t see the map. Thx @Ackmaniac.

No map for me as well. Also, the distance is all in km on that screen, but miles on main. I didnt see an option to change units on the new AWESOME screen. BTW, i love it!

Just released an ew Veriosn 1.108 which should fix the mentioned problems. Please let me know if the map is visible now.

got the update, tested at home … still no map although i have a gps fix. that sounded a bit harsh… Just wanted to let you know, I love the app the way it is :slight_smile:

Just released version 1.109. hopefully the map works this time. F***ing google api’s

1 Like

Seriously unreal how such a massive engineering company can do such a piss poor job of maintaining their documentation, at least back when microsoft was relevant enough for me to hate on them they had their sh!t together with MSDN. Trying to find the right version of an API from google that is going to be supported for more than 6 months or doesn’t already have an alternative API suggestion is impossible.

I can get it working on my develop version easily. But getting a released version that works is hard. Because there is no strait forward instruction that tells you what to do. And in 2 days they will change the api again. BUt let me know if it works this time if with version 1.109

1 Like

Looking good :slight_smile: got a map and dott where I am… Will go for a Linie tomorrow :wink:

Awesome. Now I know what needs to be done to get it released with the app. Sad that in 2 years when I need it again for another app everything changed for sure.

No changes, tried all versions since last comment (currently at 1.110). I’m going to try with another Bluetooth module just in case, thanks anyway!