VESC Monitor Android App

Sure. Without that the app won’t find the BT modules.

Just didn’t change anything in the GPS speed integration. At least not that i am aware of.

oh ok, that’s weird. Never got the GPS speed to work on my phone before, and then when I tested again in early January it was actually working.

Tried it again several times this last week, but it reads 0 again.

I am getting GPS speed reads when using other apps though.

does it work with other apps? And stupid question. Are you sure you have a working connection? Means not testing inside or in area with too many buildings?

Yes. Works with other apps. Tested in areas with virtually no buildings… (outside lol)

Released Version 1.93 which is a try to fix the GPS issues. Please let me know if it helped?

Thanks. I’ll get back to you as soon as I have tested with this version. :+1:t3:

i love the app @Ackmaniac but i have 1 question.

Im using the newest vesc tool firmware 3.36 or 3.38 i think. Can i use the “modes” in the app or are these only avalable if im running your firmware as well?

Now working :ok_hand::+1:

1 Like

Not a biggie… But the voltage read in the app (as well as in the vesc tool) is off by about 0,80 volts in my build.

Would it be possible to put in the diff somewhere so that the app shows the real voltage or is this a bad idea?

Would be possible. But of course the vesc has its own cutoff settings which wouldn’t take care about this offset. And wouldn’t it be better to know the voltage that the vesc thinks is real?

1 Like

Sure. Those that calibrate this value would be aware of how far off the value that vesc believes is real is though. But, as I said, it’s not a biggie.

I’ve adjusted the percentage levels in the app, as full battery read ~90-sthing-percent, so the percentage reads are already pretty accurate.

Hi @Ackmaniac , just made an update to V1.93 on my phone - wanted the dark theme. The temporal actual values on the screen seem to be ok, also the integrated values like distance, but the data displayed from the csv recording is not. On the VESC4.12 I’m using there is probably not the most current firmware. Do I also have to update the firmware to get the csv-data right or am I supposed to to something different in addition? Thanks, Dude

What do you mean by not ok? It’s missing or wrong? Currently fixing a issue with the data logging when the app runs in the background or when the screen is switched off. But if the app is in the foreground it should work.

1 Like

“Not ok” means that all values are constantly 0 beside 2 or 3 spikes, except temperature and voltage (they seem to be ok). I started the app and then put the phone in my pocket … so the app was running in the foreground, probably the screen switched off after some time. But the recorded values look this way right from the start. Will try with the screen visible in my hand in the evening. Thanks!

Seems that each Android Version has it’s own way of handling apps in the background. Expecially Samsung Galaxy devices seems to work different.

Just released version 1.94 which hopefully fixes that problem, so please give it a try.

1 Like

Wish this app would work with my Samsung gear s3

You should be able to see notifications with a smartwatch. If not then maybe somebody else can help who got it working already.

Unfortunately the Samsung Gear watches do not use google smartwatch os they use a Samsung OS called Tizen and it won’t show notifications from this app.

@SpartanFrench maybe you can help. You said you got it working via 3rd party app.

1 Like