VESC Monitor Android App

Issue is fixed in new Version 1.87.

Also updated the notifications. they look like this now image Speed on top then battery%, battery voltage, distance and range

Hope they look good on the smartwatch

5 Likes

Version 1.86 caused the app to crash. Previous versions all worked fine.

Problem seems to be fixed with the new version

V 1.87 : I can confirm there is no more crash from logging to my board.

Smartwatch notification : Being able to see speed is awesome ! However, on my side Speed is updated only every 5 or 10 sec. It might be my watch* but It would be awesome to get real time data

*Note : I’m using a Polar V800 and notification are push to my watch through a 3rd party app.

Just have a look in the settings. There is a checkbox “Fast status notifications”. Just activate it and enjoy.

And please make a picture of it so that I know how it looks.

1 Like

Perfect, I will test hit during my next ride and will upload photos of my screen.

Landscape mode : @Ackmaniac: how difficult it would be for you to make the app orientation responsive depending of phone inclinaison or just with a button in settings ? (portrait and landscape) It could be a nice feature to have in the next version.

Going out now to see if I can test before the rain hits. Thanks for all the fast updates dude! You’re a beast!!!

Hope your dog is doing well.

1 Like

No crashes! And a lot easier to switch between modules now, as one doesn’t have to disconnect BT on the phone to reconnect to a previously connected module
 Does it make sense? Anyways, seems to work a lot better.

:+1:t3:

Thanks dude. From what we’ve heard she’s doing better now and we might be able to get her back tomorrow if she doesn’t require surgery.

I know I said I’d test the app but my emotions are getting the best of me at the moment and I’m pissed. The app works great as usual. You are a beast with these updates!!!

1 Like

@Ackmaniac, here is what happen on my watch when I turn on the "Fast status notifications” My watch is vibrating and beeping non stop.

@Ackmaniac Hey man I ran motor detection via usb for FOC and can now easily switch between FOC and BLDC via your app. Super cool feature!

But now having done that and switched back a couple times I can no longer connect to the vescs via USB. Is this related to the app? I can still control both vescs via remote, still view stats in VESC Monitor, and still switch between motor types if I want to. I have tried multiple cords on two different PCs, including two confirmed working cables on the same ports of two confirmed working PCs that I had previously used to program the vescs.

Both PCs are windows 10, were able to connect before, but when I power on the vescs windows does not notice anything had been plugged in. Any Ideas?

Hope you switched only when the motor was not moving. I did it many times and it works the same as switching in the tool. If you did while riding there might be the chance something is in the wrong state during the switch. But it also another problem which is most likely. Just check the USB connector properly if it is physically OK.

1 Like

Would say that this is then a issue of your smartwatch which can’t process that many updates in such a short time.

Yeah its strange, it’s possible the USB port is damaged I guess, because it still functions normally otherwise. I just switched it and saved as default from the app again right now without issue, but I’ve tried at least 7 different USB cables and none connect.

@Ackmaniac Hey I have an HM10 module that connects to my iPhone just fine and sends info to my “eSkate Vesc app” without any issues. But when I try to open the Android app on my chrome book or tablet, the app won’t find the Bluetooth connection. The devices show “BT05” but the app won’t find it. What am I doing wrong or what do I need to do to make the app work?

Just released a new version 1.92 which hopefully makes the app more stable when in the background.

1 Like

On your phone, make sure the localization is enabled.

Back to the app reading 0 för GPS speed. Was working with the latest app version in early January.

Now running 1.92 and no GPS speed. Save GPS position enabled.

I your GPS switched on at the phone?