VESC Monitor Android App

It connects now without crashing. I will give it a test ride on my way home from work and let you know if there are any issues. Thanks for the quick fix.

@Ackmaniac

nico, i’d like to request an update to the monitor so it works with Unity.

i know it’s a time suck, so i’m ready to collect funds for your time.

if you’re up for it, let me know.

thanks!

2 Likes

Sure, can have a look if i find the time. Once you have a kid it’s hard to find some spare time for hobbies.

5 Likes

congratulations on being a dad!

i can see how that’d be all consuming.

but there’s a bunch of us who’d rather use yours than the other monitors.

anything you can do would be great.

we’ll pool some money together too.

2 Likes

Unity monitor and fw like the old focbox would be sweet. I’m down to donate as well.

I’m still running your fw on mine and my friend’s boards.

1 Like

Just released a new version. Please try if you can see the data with the actual unity firmware.

4 Likes

Omg no way.

A bit late in the evening, will try first thing tomorrow.

Thank you!

1 Like

It verks! :slight_smile: Unity 23.44, I’m getting data. Suh-weet! @thisguyhere

2 Likes

fukin’ stoked.

did you use the onboard bluetooth module that comes with unity, or plug a bt module into uart?

just sent @Ackmaniac some funny money for his troubles.

i encourage everyone else to do the same if you’re using esc monitor.

[email protected]

1 Like

I plugged a BT05 flashed to HM10 into the uart. Didn’t think to try other stuff. I usuall have a METR pro plugged into the UART.

1 Like

This is excellent, I will have to also try it with stock unity BLE module and reconfirm again that neither the Metr UART or METR unity chip swap interop works here sigh lol

1 Like

Thx a lot for the donation. Much appriciated. Will have a look if I can integrate the unity a bit better. Like seeing each motor individually.

3 Likes

@Ackmaniac hey there. You’re the best person to answer this. Is there a way to see a mapping of the rides I do? I would like to go back to previous rides and see on the map where I’ve been

Tried connecting to on-board BLE, no data. Also tried connecting to METR pro, no data.

1 Like

this, afaik, isn’t built into esc monitor but you could easily use another app to map your rides.

i use this one

produces something like this

https://forum./t/pictures-and-nothing-else/79/2302

2 Likes

I dont know how you got him out of retirement…keep doing it. We need him

A very nice tool was @DeathCookies Data Analyser ttps://www.electric-skateboard.builders/t/vesc-data-log-analyzer-vdla/16582

Sadly he decided to remove it because of missing donations. Maybe the community can help him out.

Maybe for future i can add a map view of the old data as well. but for sure not as advanced as Deathcookies version.

4 Likes

confirming it works, just remember to turn on ppm+uart, i think you need to use FOCBOX_TOOL to enable that.

Are using the unity’s BT module or HM10 peripheral?

this one, didn’t even try with the onboard BT

1 Like