VESC Data Log Analyzer (VDLA)

Or make a video directly with the app.

Well, my Phone does not record 4k, nor does it have an optical Image Stabilizer, nor do i have a proper mount for it. Your integrated Video fuction is perfect for quick shots, but the image quality is not that good due to the Smartphone Camera and missing mounting.

But what you could do (If you have a rooted device), is Injecting a green image Instead of real camera footage, record with the app and cut it togeteher afterwards. but that is not the cleanest method.

Edit: Or maybe you want to implement a record to greenscreen option?

Time stamp would be perfect and really easy to sync in post. Text is totally fine, having graphs and GPS would be awesome. Alternatively, something as simple as just having the VDLA playback in realtime where I could record the screen would work. Thats a good idea with injecting the green image - my phones is not rooted, but I think I can just to pocket the phone, record, then crop out everything but telemetry for an overlay. Bit kludgy but it should work.

@ackmaniac It’s hard mounting the phone to record properly. The quality also isn’t there. That and if I drop my phone while boarding there goes 700 bucks.

lol

1 Like

Edit: Would it be possible implement a “record to greenscreen” option where you do your normal recording stuff but use a green image instead of the camera image?

I just made a little Update to see the statistics on mobile better. Please Report back if it helped and the text is readable like this:

Screenshot_20180705-122657

Donations are appreciated :wink:

6 Likes

Somehow missed this thread in the past was wondering what this VDLA thing was people were referencing in a few other threads. Regarding the stats curious why showing down to hundreths seems like tenths at most would be enough precision and can make the text bigger then (might also be worth grouping the max vs min stuff so wouldn’t need to repeat max so many times in the view). Looks good though will have to check this out at some point.

1 Like

Can someone explain to me what average what/km/h means?

I understand what average wh/mi + wh/km is… But per hour? Why is it so much higher?

I found a small mistake. Motor max is actually written has Motor min.

Not a big deal, just a note if you would like to correct it. This tool is awesome I will buy you a beer !

P.S.: Is it possible to embed the results to a forum post. For example here, so others can also see it and analyse it ?

Page down?

@DeathCookies would you consider putting your project on github? Maybe someone would be willing to continue it.

@gmurad would anybody consider a donation? Maybe i would continue it.

So now it’s a paid service… Just sell it then

Interesting. It Was never a paid Service! It was free all the time.

All i asked for was a little donation…

If you want a paid Service buy a metr.pro

So is the page not working anymore?

Currently not until some real donations are raised

I think that’s fair! I’ve just made a donation. I hope others will do too.

Grüße aus Köln

1 Like

We need an open source alternative vesc data analyzer.

2 Likes

So you closed the page because no donations were given? Isn’t the point of a donation the fact its optional?

1 Like

Is this tool still available? Would be nice to use, but I can not open the link.